“Best Barbecue in NY”

Hill Country Barbecue Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Hill Country Barbecue Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #403 of 14,031 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: Between Broadway and 6th Avenue
Transit: 1, 6, N, R, & W trains to 28th Street, and F & M trains to 23rd Street.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Can't say enough good things about this place. Go for the moist brisket and get a chocolate chip cookie for dessert.

1  Thank William F

Reviewed October 8, 2013

As a Texan, I was a bit skeptical when I walked in and saw it decorated with mementos of Lockhart, but the food quickly won me over. The brisket is quite good, but make sure to grab some of the Kreuz sausage for a real taste of Texas.

1  Thank MaybePatrick
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Hill Country Chicken in the FlatIron Dist. Broadway & 25th.
As Texans it is fun to visit New York, walk around, take in the sights and try the local fare. By the end of the week, longing for home, this was a great find. We ate here twice.

Lunch, chicken tenders, and Grits. The grits are fantastic! Gourmet and Home style in one. While the food was Texas, the staff was still New York - They actualy waited in my wife in line, moved her along to pay, skipped me and waited on the guy behind me. An accident but rude when we pointed out that no one got my order.

We ate breakfast the next day and service and food were great.

1  Thank G6T
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife, kids, and I are obsessed with the good at HIll Country and always have a great time at the restaurant (it feels almost like going to Epcot Center at Disney to experience Texas- in the best way possible). We love the lean brisket, the chicken, and of course the sides are delicious (though you can easily eat all 2,500 of your daily calories at the sides bar alone!). This is by far our favorite casual eatery in the city.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great food, atmosphere, and service. Fun concept and vibe. And again... most importantly, the food was really good.