“Cracking BBQ in Manhattan”

Hill Country Barbecue Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Hill Country Barbecue Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #375 of 13,937 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: Between Broadway and 6th Avenue
Transit: 1, 6, N, R, & W trains to 28th Street, and F & M trains to 23rd Street.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We went here on our two week trip to the States. My 13 yr old son loves bbq and was in heaven here. My 16yr old daughter reckons that it's the best iced tea she has ever had. If your a first timer then i would recommend sharing a pitmaster option which gives you a selection of ribs, beef and pork, chicken and sides. the corn pudding was lush.This is the easiest way to order if you haven't ordered by weight before. This was nothing like the so called ribs we get in the UK at TGI or Ruby Tuesday, it was way bigger and way better. The individual pecan and maple pie's for sweet were something I would probably fly back across the pond for, My favourite desert.I booked a table via open table and we didn't have to wait on a busy Friday night. However we were just too early for the live music, so later next time.

There are newer reviews for Hill Country Barbecue Market

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Every time we come to NYC we keep this restaurant for one of the last nights.. we're aways keeping what we like the most for the end! Nothing fancy but a great tasty and juicy BBQ meat! The decor is not the reason you come to Hill Country but the spirit is very good.
Service is great at the bar, but non existent in the restaurant.
Make sure you have enough room to try all meats.. they are all delicious.. but for us, the brisket is the best choice!

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Here, taking the brisket out of Texas satisfies a longing for smoked meat but does not fulfill your dreams of being back home for a meal. You will be we'll served by the friendly staff.
I prefer brisket (lean) and reveal sides. The potato salad on a recent night was mealy, chunky and without much flavor so choose baked beans, collard greens, green bean casserole, cucumber salad and cole slaw. With beer.

1  Thank NewYorkTraveler212
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Ate here using the feed your family deal. For 2 adults and 3 kids for food plus drinks ( 2 beers,3 sodas ) $47. Can't go wrong.

Ribs were great and chicken was fantastic.... Highly recommended by us guys! One very happy family.

1  Thank Tangoringo
Reviewed August 12, 2013

You will be hated by southerns, because this place taps out most bbq places I've been in the US, and it's based in NY, go figure. I could not believe it, but upon trying it, I finally had to admit it: best bbq I've had in the US. The links and the ribs are awesome, but there's nothing like the moist brisket--this is the King people.

I'm not crazy about the bbq sauce though, it's way too sweet for me. Moist brisket doesn't really need it, but if you're a fan of bbq sauce, don't get too exited. The meat though, is the best. Atmosphere and amenities are very texan-like, so you'll appreciate it. If you're a Newyorker and haven't tried this place--you're missing out. This place is a must, especially if you're a heavy meat eater.

1  Thank Pablo W