“Regular Dinner at Midtown”
Review of Destino - CLOSED

Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 50th Street
Transit: Lexington and 53rd Street Station: E or 6 Train
New York City, New York
“Regular Dinner at Midtown”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I wasn't to happy about my choice, I wish I did better restaurant search. To pricy and not very exiting wine list. Food wasn't presented well, look a bit like in far far Astoria diner.

New York, New York, United States
“A neighborhood favorite - Midtown East”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've eaten at this restaurant many times and it's always wonderful. The staff is friendly and very knowledgeable. The food is excellent. There are always great specials to chose from as well as the usual offerings.

There a nice private room that will seat 15 to 20 people which is great for a small party. Destino's has a private bar area.

There's just one criticism about the restaurant. It's very noisy when it's busy so it's difficult to the people speaking at one's table. Consequently everyone is yelling which only makes it more difficult to hear people.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Susan B
Boston
“Good but pricey”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Pleasant staff and a good and varied menu. The food is very well prepared, fresh and flavorful, but it's expensive.

1 Thank ianrbruce
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food, Excellent service...”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This place is awesome. My friends and are had so much fun. We went for a dinner and we had amazing experience. The playlist was so very well selected, a mix of great Italian songs that went great as our dinner did. The cocktail list is small, but the drinks are really well selected. My friends liked the Pometini, Sangria Margarita, and Bella Americana.Strong, but worth every penny. As we moved toward the table, the hostess was really engaging and friendly and gave us the best table where we could enjoy the coming crowd, as it was a busy night, the scenic ceiling painting, and bring our memories of Italy back. We started with some of their special appetizers for the day, which were stuffed zucchini with mozarella cheese and ricotta, and stuffed artichokes. They were divine. My friends had chicken franchese, and the special veal chop with mushroom, mozarella and spinach. Oh, I think everyone should try Destino's food. And bring a lot of people as they have big party space and trust me it is fun. And for desert try the twenty layers crepe cake, pistachio tartufo, and the tiramisu. The service was impeccable as well. The staff is so young and they make everyone so welcome in their "castle". Great experience, great food, highly recommended.

1 Thank KathlynS
New York City, New York
“The best Italian Restaurant!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We went to Destino last Friday. It was three of us. We didn't have reservation but hostess been really nice and gave us a table in 5 minutes. We enjoyed food and atmosphere. I order special black lobster ravioli. It was Delicious!!!!! Service was also outstanding. Highly recommend you to visit Destino.