“The best Italian Restaurant!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Destino - CLOSED

Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 50th Street
Transit: Lexington and 53rd Street Station: E or 6 Train
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We went to Destino last Friday. It was three of us. We didn't have reservation but hostess been really nice and gave us a table in 5 minutes. We enjoyed food and atmosphere. I order special black lobster ravioli. It was Delicious!!!!! Service was also outstanding. Highly recommend you to visit Destino.

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Very nice restaurant overall. Good food and good service and good environment. Typical NYC inflated prices for some things but not terrible. Thanks for a nice dinner!

2  Thank emstraveler349
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Well, I don't think I have ever written any really bad reviews and posted them on tripadvisor until now. I eat out 200+ times a year. This was the worst experience I have had at any restaurant in at least a decade.

Key staff members were RUDE beyond belief. I think the desert came from a plastic wrapped offering at a convenience store.

Items not marked as "deep fried" were deep fried.

...Not sure what else to say.

The place was terrible.

My experience there was AWFUL.

3  Thank holzman
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Visiting the restaurant again I find it very consistent in the quality of food, presentation and service. The antipasto Tuscano was excellent once more. My wife had a frutti di mare, however, and was disapointed. The only disaponiting plate since we have been visiting Destino. It was all fish with one shrimp and a few mussels. Other than that, everything very good.

1  Thank GrandeSanJuan
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Destino left a lot to be desired. My friend and I visited on a recent trip to Midtown. We had high hopes for this restaurant, but ultimately left with a mutual feeling of 'meh'.

We had three courses each: Appetizers were seafood salad (just okay) and Caesar salad (dressing was very oily and slimy). Main courses were chicken francese and fruitti di mare (seafood scampi). Neither of us were very impressed - both meals looked like something we could have easily made at home. Dessert was the Italian cheesecake, and we both have had better.

I can honestly say I've eaten at better Italian restaurants in dinky ol' Delaware, and that's pretty sad considering we were in NYC. I can say, though, that the restaurant decor was lovely and the server was very sweet.

Overall, I wouldn't necessarily recommend Destino.