“Wonderful Thai on Christopher”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pinto Restaurant

Pinto Restaurant
Ranked #3,954 of 13,548 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: West Village
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Thai on Christopher”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This small place in the West Village is a great place for Thai food. The menu consists of creative takes on Thai food, which you'll find happening in Thailand, as well as many of the traditional dishes. This place gets busy and for good reason. Take away and delivery too, which I do often.

Visited February 2013

nyc
“Great Thai - Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Pinto is a great place to be pleasantly surprised. Your befuddlement over why a Thai restaurant would choose a food type associated with Tex-Mex food soon dissipates as you enter a beautiful small serene oasis. (I still don't get it. There's not a single pinto bean on the menu??) Here are a couple things that surprised me. I've always claimed I just don't like papayas. I won't be able to say that again after starting my dinner with Pinto's Papaya Salad. Beautiful, sweet-spicy vinaigrette drizzled over crispy crunchy julienned strips of papaya. I've never tasted anything like it. I also tried their soup, the Creamy Tom Yam Goong which was one of the best I've ever had. This Vegan-friendly restaurant offers a stunningly good pumpkin curry, along with very good Thai Pepper Beef, Crispy Chicken and Lamb dishes for the carnivores in your midst. I've eaten here a few times now and every meal was surprisingly good, sometimes great.

• Visited January 2013
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

A small narrow place with some of the best Thai I have had in the US. Great flavours, good size meals and great atmosphere.

White Plains, New York
“Excellent Lunch!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stumbled onto this little restaurant that does not have a typical Thai name. The price fix lunch is fantastic and if you are in the neighborhood and like traditional Thai food, this is the place.

• Visited August 2012
Bloomington, Indiana
“Super small place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten at a few places that were small but why this place for some reason seemed to be amongst the smallest. The issue I have the menu is small in volume compared to other Thai places not that this is a bad thing but the writing on the menu is so small as well. At night it is dark in this place so with the limited lighting seeing anything much, is a strain on the eyes. The food was plain in my opinion and I was expecting a little more from this Pinto. Going in and trying it I was assuming it was worth a shot as it had looked different, but not enough for me it turns out.
The biggest issue I had was the poor service. Not that there is a shortage of help. They seemed to have more help than guests when I was there. Starters took 30-35 minutes and that was served after we asked where they were. So who knows it could have been longer or served then.
Based on this wait I asked for the main dishes right away so as to avoid another 30 minute wait. It was a good thing as the main dishes arrived within 10 minutes thereafter so I was happy about that.
Getting the check and receipt took some more time, why I am not sure.