“Best Pizza I Have Ever Had.”

Carve Unique Sandwiches
Ranked #228 of 14,378 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have visited New York city three times in a year and a half. I have found many great places to eat, however this is one of the best places in the city. I am not a fan of pizza, at all, however I could not get enough of these big slices. After we found this place, we at there every night for the rest of our trip. Five nights of nothing but pizza and I would have continued it it had not been time to leave. The slices are large and fairly priced. You can also tell that it is clearly a local hot spot, as you watch business men come through, grab a slice, and keep going. One night I accidentally picked picked out a pizza without sauce, my mistake not theirs, and I still have to say that it was the best pizza I have ever had. I love the small local atmosphere and the polite work staff. Everyone always welcomed us with smiles, even when they were busy. Before the end of our stay, some of them even recognized us and took the time to give us an extra welcome. It has a nice homey feel and as I have said, large yummy slices of pizza.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We passed this cafe many times during our visit to the city. Had bagels for breakfast and pizza for dinner. Prices were extremely reasonable. Food was delicious.

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

I visited this establishment twice while in the city. The staff are very friendly. The pizza, outstanding.

I really like it all!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stopped in here after a long and epic day in NYC to get the family a special-order pizza and Tony was very accomodating and patient while i figured out what we needed, even though they were frenetically throwing pizzas in and out of the oven to keep up with the demand for slices. If you can take the time to eat in or wait for a special order pizza, make sure to sit within earshot of Tony, who is obviously VERY passionate about his pizza. :-)

The pizza was delicious, by the way.

1  Thank Paul A
Reviewed October 25, 2013

If we don't have enough time for a sit down meal in NYC before the theater this is where we come. The salad bar has many fresh ingredients (several types of chicken, tofu, sun dried tomatoes, beets, Portobello mushrooms and on and on). They charge for the salad by weight so they add as much or as little as an ingredient as you would like. They also have the most amazing pizza (sandwiches and soups too) and a very nice selection of baked desserts -- so you can come after the theater for dessert. They have just a few tables and a counter - the tables turn over pretty quickly. Don't expect much ambience - this is corner drop in place. But the food is fresh, fast and delicious.