“Awesome Falafel!!”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Reviewed December 16, 2012

LOVED every bite!! Great falafel wraps and I wish we had one here! Would have gone back but wanted to try multiple restaurants. Highly recommend!!

1  Thank Derrick N
There are newer reviews for Maoz

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I discovered Maoz when I popped in the Union Sq location for a fresh squeezed juice. A supermodel was in front of me ordering some healthy eats for her perfect bod~ her gf caught up with her just before my order. I was so surprised at the style and choices for the orders. I grabbed a menu, my juice and kept keepin on my busy day. I noticed a Times Sq location and ate there a few days later. The portions are huge, plus falafel, and then you get 4 more toppings, REALLY! Wee~ Served in a fab plastic impression of a wood bowl, art. High protein, all vegetarian meals! All about it. Thank you Maoz~ from those of us whose looks matter ;}

3  Thank Physique I
Reviewed November 20, 2012

A great option for a high level fast food. The Falafel balls were very fresh and great texture and flavor, the salad options are great and the pitas are amazing. I don't think I saw Amba sauce (the Iraqi yellowish sauce) but rather than that is was just a perfect size, perfect flavor falafel

2  Thank HappyCat990
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I love Maoz! I've been to 2 branches--the one on 7th Avenue doesn't have seats, but has a small counter to use as a stan-up table in the back, and a bench outside. The one on 8th Avenue is more roomy, with picnic style tables. You order your falafel, and get a half-filled pita (Whole wheat by request) with 5 falafel balls and other basics. Then you move down to the salad bar where you can add pickles, Israeli salad, marinated onions, cauliflower, cilantro sauce, mushroom corn salad, red cabbage, other salad fixings and then the sauces including tahini, yogurt, hot sauce and my favorite, GARLIC! Wow, you can have a flavor explosion in your mouth! This is a big sandwich and absolutely everything they offer on the salad bar is the freshest, best quality, and most flavorful. Their Belgian fries, were made to order and hot and tasty. If you get the deluxe, with fried eggplant, that won't disappoint either--but I don't think it is necessary with all of the other items on the salad bar. It is clean, delicious, and consistently great. Thank you for a little taste of Israel in Manhattan!

1  Thank reginalampert
Reviewed November 13, 2012

What an awesome felafel place! I consider myself a connoisseur of Mediterranean food, and felafel in particular. Hands down, Maoz felafel was THE BEST felafel I have ever had. And the sides/toppings that go with it are so fresh, a great and varied selection, and plentiful! You can put on as much as you can fit on your sandwich or salad! It's so good I want to eat it every day.

Bottom line: you simply can't go wrong with Maoz if you're looking for delicious felafel. Go. Go now.

1  Thank jensearch