“still there, thank goodness”
Review of Poseidon Bakery

Poseidon Bakery
Ranked #115 of 388 Bakeries in New York City
Cuisines: Greek
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
New Jersey
“still there, thank goodness”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I used to travel to this blessed bakery in the late 60"s from my college in the Bronx. Now, after years of wanting to so so, I came from Central NJ. and was richly rewarded for the effort. It was as great as I remembered it. We took home various items that seemed just the same as in my youth. How many things can we say THAT about?

• Visited March 2013

West Sand Lake, New York
“Great Deserts and Customer Service”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

For last two months I have been on a search for Kataifi, a decadent honey drenched, nutfilled greek pastry (lighter than baklava). I've had no luck in my upstate new york town of West Sand Lake, where there is very little diversity as far as cuisine is concerned. After searching online, I finally found the Posiedon bakery in Hell's Kitchen (44th street and 9th avenue), near my favorite hotel-The Intercontinental Times Square. Don't be fooled by this bakery's simple decor, the desert is amazing! This bakery has been in the same location for over 80 years and remains a favorite for many. When I had visited there was a gentlemen there who lived in the area over 30 years before, he now lives in Boston and still came to buy desert at the Posiedon. If you are in the area I urge you to try this place, you'll love it! They also have a few good videos on Youtube.

• Visited June 2012
San Francisco, California
“Best Bakery Ever!”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We found this bakery while on a tour and went back the next day because the treats were so great. This is a family owned gem! Don't miss this place.

Visited April 2012
London
“Should have gone back for more”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Went here as part of a food on foot tour. Could not decide what to have but eventually chose a cheese and pineapple strudel and a GIANT piece of Baklava.

The strudel was the best thing I ate on my whole trip. Why we didnt go back to try some more stuff I really am not sure!

Visited February 2012
Santiago, Chile
“Pastries that melt in your mouth...”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Delicious! I tried something that had semolina in it, I don't know what is called, but it was amazing!

The staff is a little rude and not very patient, but it is totally worth it.

Visited February 2012