“Love the Chelsea Market”
Review of Amy's Bread

Amy's Bread
Ranked #26 of 397 Bakeries in New York City
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

My family went to Chelsea market for a Sunday breakfast. Love that we could all get what we want at the different shops. My kids absolutely lived the croissants from Amy's. They even went back for a 2nd. I didn't like that we had to put on our own cream cheese out of a little Philadelphia container not even the size of the ones you get at Starbucks. Especially since it's much more expensive and we like our cream cheese. My son ordered a ham and Swiss paninni which he didn't really enjoy and it was a bit greasy. Not sure if we would go back but it was a nice experience.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Bread is one of my favourite, and it was up to expectations . There's a lot to choose besides bread; I mean, cakes/buns/pastry (though not being an expert in the latter). One may have a good snack meal overall.

They, according to rumors, used to offer Sudoku on wafer plates to draw by a tube with chocolate cream. This then of course is eaten; if one solves 2 in 10 min, he gets a free
dessert or similar. (The same was practiced in the past in other places as tic-tac-toe game with the waiter; the winer gets smth small from the list. This led to dramaticc overweight among the staff and the game was later cancelled, don't know if this is true).

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I love Amy's bread. The soup! The Bread! The Cookies! It's always chaotic getting your order in and waiting in the tiny area while trying to not get run over...but the food is worth it.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Another one of those neighbourhood bakeries - but a favorite of mine because it's where I went post-call for a cupcake with chocolate icing. There are better cupcakes in NYC but together with the bread options, I visited often.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We've been to Amy's Bread on 9th avenue multiple times, and it is excellent every time. The sandwiches and salads are always fresh, and the baked goods are the best in the city. In addition, the service is always friendly and accommodating. The only downside are the lines, but this should improve with their recent expansion and express service. Amy's is not to be missed for a light lunch or delicious snack.