“Overrated”

Neighborhood: Chinatown
Krakow, Poland
“Overrated”
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

I don't know why this place became so popular. Definitely overrated, average products with high prices. Also, not a very nice place to hang around.

5 Thank Adrian B

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Montreal
“Over rated”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The ice cream there is really not that great, very average. Not worth making a detour to go there. The prices are a bit expensive too. No benches outside to sit on.

4 Thank Mylseb
New York City, New York
“Feeling rushed”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We ate dinner at a nearby restaurant then decided to come here for dessert. The waitress at the restaurant mentioned the Black Sesame flavor when we told her we were coming here. It was a weeknight in August, beautiful weather, there were many people walking around. There was a line out the door of this teeny-tiny place filled with tourists. I've walked by here hundreds of times but never bothered to stop in. My friend wanted to go, so I took her here. As soon as we got inside, a young gal asked us what we wanted, we didn't have any time to look up on the white board and read all the flavors, I can speak for both of us that we both felt rushed about ordering. She walked away to help another customer because we weren't ready. Then a few seconds later a young guy asked us if we were ready to order, I saw "coconut" as one of the flavors on the white board so I ordered it immediately before he walked away. My friend got Green Tea. I completely forgot to order the Black Sesame flavor because I felt pressured to order quickly. I got a small cup and we walked out of there and then leisurely strolled around Chinatown eating our ice cream. I would go back there again one more time to try to the Black Sesame flavor, but after that, I highly doubt that I'll return. For atmosphere I give it a big fat ZERO.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank QueenoftheHighways
New York City, New York
“Over rated, expensive ice cream!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

After continuing to hear all of the hype about this place my wife (Chinese) and I decided to wait in the very long line one Saturday night and give it a try. First of all, my wife tried to speak to the staff in her native Chinese and the young lady with whom she spoke preferred to speak in English and appeared offended (my wife would speak in Chinese and she would reply in English). When my wife inquired as to what their Chinese unique specialties were (if any) she replied, "Ice Cream". My wife proceeded to ask if there was a particular ice cream choice that was Chinese (vs Western) and she replied, "You just have to pick the flavor you want.". So, we looked on our own and ended-up selecting Lychee Ice Cream and ordering from a very nice young man. The flavor was fine although not all that unique however, the very tiny scoop costs almost $5.00. Save the wait in the line and go to Cold Stone where the value is much better and the staff is much friendlier!

• Visited July 2012
5 Thank ChinaDuo
Brooklyn, New York
“If you want dessert in Chinatown”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

If you want dessert after a good Chinese meal, this is the place to go. Try the red bean, ginger, mango, wasabi or similar. You don't need to eat Chinese chocolate ice cream here.

• Visited June 2012