“We enjoyed our meal at Cafe Luka” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Luka
Ranked #3,542 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Independence, Missouri
“We enjoyed our meal at Cafe Luka”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had a nice meal on Sunday night at Cafe Luka. My husband loved their Rueben with Patrami - the meat was tasty and the sauce was homemade and delicious! I even dipped my fries in it and added it to my Roumanian Steak Sandwich. The Roumanian had lots of marinated slices of steak on a fresh, toasted bun. Their fries were perfectly crispy and hot. It is a beautiful building inside with lots of woodwork and cutglass sconces. The only complaint I had was that the coleslaw that came with our sandwiches tasted like it wasn't perfectly fresh. They had a good selection of beer that was served in nicely chilled mugs with a wedge of lemon. I was pleasantly surprised by the prices which were actually cheaper than those at a downtown restaurant in my home city.

• Visited February 2013

Corona, California
“15% discount!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

If you stay at Helmsley Medical Tower, they give you a discount, but I walked there and the ambience is nice and the people there were always ready to help.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank ghorita
Culebra, Puerto Rico
“Local lunch, good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

Stopped by for a quick lunch. Good variety of lunch specials. Food well prepared. Close to local hospitals. Tuna wrap was large and tasty. Lentil soup was excellent. House special - turkey, swiss, tomato on rye was large portion and real turkey.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Connecticut
“Good Breakfast, Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

Only a block or so from NY-Presbyterian Guest Facility where we were staying. Our breakfast was basic but very good. I joked with our waiter that one menu item said, “Bacon, Sausage, AND Ham,” which he admitted was wrong, the “and” should have been “or.” When my breakfast came I did receive all three anyway, which was not the aim of my comment, but which was a very nice touch on his part. Too often these days restaurants charge individually for every item on the menu, even for breakfast; so it’s heartening for me to get a reasonably priced meal with generous servings, no cutting corners on the quantity, with fresh squeezed orange juice and coffee included. The staff is friendly and attentive. I’d go again.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank HillYankee101
Nanuet, New York
“Good service and comfortable room.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

Diner food with a southern euro slant. Good size portions and timely service.

Visited August 2011