“Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig tasty sandwiches!”

Neighborhood: Midtown
New York City, New York
“Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig tasty sandwiches!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Really friendly service. It got really busy towards the end of our meal. I can understand why some people might say it was crowded. It was a tasty and plentiful meal. I'd go again.

• Visited December 2013

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Better than Katz”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

If you want a deli that's famous for being in a film then goto Katz. If you want a deli that's all about great food & atmosphere then I can't recommend 2nd Ave Deli enough.
The triple decker sandwiches are not unexpectedly ENORMOUS. Along with the bowl of coleslaw & pickles you get when you first sit down that's all you need to be full. The corned beef & salami sandwich I had was delicious but I have to admit being defeated by its size & taking home some for later.
Go there hungry, come out full.

1 Thank pjfranks
Arlington, Virginia
“first rate on first avenue”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We went to the branch on First Avenue. What a treat to enjoy real deli food like I remember from my youth in Manhattan. Service is brisk and polite! Of course, you get a bowl of pickles and some really tasty slaw. The chicken soup with matzoh ball is wonderful and curative. Sandwiches are filled with the best meat-- and plenty of it, although I found the rye bread a bit soft and cottony. But the bagels were chewy perfection. We shared a surprisingly light seven-layer cake for dessert. Not cheap (kosher comes at a premium) but a very New York-esque place to eat.

1 Thank thenutkin
Louisville, KY
“The real deal!”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

As soon as we walked in we knew it was going to be a special meal. We met the lovely Steven Cohen, the manage who was delightful.
We started with matzo-ball soup which was excellent. Followed by some slaw and potato pancakes with some delicious apple sauce. Warning, the pancakes were huge. I had ordered the 1/2 soup and sandwich which was more than enough with all the other stuff. The sandwich was a paste pastrami sandwich which was the best I have had in a long time.
The service was excellent being friendly and courteous and fast.
Great memories were made here.
Go and enjoy a great, fun experience.

Visited November 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“A deli experience you will never forget.”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Ate lunch on a Saturday arriving at 11am. By noon the place was packed. Since the deli is kosher prices may be a bit high. Sit down get served half sour and sour pickles plus a bowl of slaw and then the fun begin. Don't tell my mom but they have the best Matzo Ball soup I have ever eaten, As a bonus they gave us a shot of chocolate soda when we were done. I hope this place stays open forever.

They may have the cleanest bathrooms in the city.