“Our favorite deli”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The food was great! We had pastrami and smoked turkey, both with coleslaw. The pastrami was lean and wonderful. They are kosher, so there is no cheese!

There are newer reviews for 2nd Avenue Deli

Reviewed October 19, 2013

After years of living part time in the city, finally made it here. Why did I wait so long? Pastrami on rye was excellent, as good as other well known Jewish delis in the city. The sides were delish. Coleslaw, crisp and fresh (unlike soggy, mayo drenched versions at other places). Same with the cucumber salad...lite, with a touch of dill. The pickles were a nice treat too. And, at the end of the meal, they give you a little shot of that Gotham favorite: an egg cream. Nice touch. I'm not Jewish, but I also like the fact that they've kept it pure kosher, unlike other "Jewish" delis. That, to me, makes it authentic. I like when a place keeps its integrity.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

If you really love true Jewish Deli food, this is a must restaurant to visit. I have been going to this restaurant for over 50 years and love it each and every time I visit NYC. This trip we went twice.
We have been going to this restaurant when it was in it's other location and 2nd Ave and 10th St.
The menu is so diversified with everything Jewish from the old school.
When in New York City do not miss this place. It is a little pricey but after you finish eating the great pastrami or corn beef sandwiches with all of the amenities you won't remember how much you paid. The taste just stay's in your mouth

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Cornedbeef sandwiches to die for. Visiting from abroad I try to go back until I try everything on the menu.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

So going to second avenue deli for years when they were on 10th street. I always looked forward to having the matzoh ball soup, pastrami sandwich and could never finish it and the rest of the pastrami I would take home . Yesterday being in Manhattan I looked up second avenue deli, found it on E 75th st . My wife and I looked forward to lunch ! The service was great. But, the sandwich was small --I mean small. All the years going, I never Remembered the sandwich being so small -- they used to be overflowing with meat.