“Iconic”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed July 22, 2013

If you enjoy moderate servings, don't come here. We ordered the corn beef sandwich & egg salad sandwich & they were HUGE! Ridiculous size but my husband needed more than half. I counted over 12 slices of beef. Too much to get your mouth around it. A little coleslaw was served first (complimentary) which was nice & followed by a shot of soda & choc mix which was novel. Service very good & restaurant was very busy so obviously popular. Not my favourite but needed to check it out.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great food- I would suggest sharing with a friend as the portions are pretty huge! Loved the chocolate soda shot for dessert.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stopped in here for a lunch while visiting NYC. We wanted to go somewhere we could get a proper NYC pastrami sandwich. This place was great. We very much enjoyed our meal. The meat was perfect. The service was great. The prices are a bit on the high side, but well worth it.
Definitely recommend.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We enjoyed our meal at the 2nd Avenue Deli very much. The matzoh ball soup was great and so was the corned beef. We were so full when we left there. The portions are large and we could've shared had we wanted the same thing. My husband wanted the fish platter, but they no longer have sable fish. He requested white fish instead, but they gave him white fish salad and the waitress seemed unwilling to get him the correct fish because she thought she was going to get in trouble. He ate the white fish salad, but really had wanted the fish. Overall we did enjoy our food and would go back to try more things or more of the same!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Service was great and friendly, and the title tells everything else. I had the pastrami and corned beef on separate rolls with tasty pickles, and slaw. I sat at the bar like area. Just what I wanted on this trip to NYC. Can't wait to go back