“The Best Reuben Sandwich ever”
Review of 2nd Avenue Deli

2nd Avenue Deli
Ranked #174 of 13,937 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My Corned Beef Reuben was so good that I went back the next night and ordered another Reuben except this time, half Pastrami and half Corned Beef! The guy behind the counter recognized me from the day before and said: "I told you, you would be back!"

1  Thank Mj W
There are newer reviews for 2nd Avenue Deli

Reviewed November 17, 2012

the flanken was great,(albeit expensive) the matzoh ball soup was very good but sort of high priced for soup.... another observation is that the free taste of chopped liver is a thing of the past....the matzo brei could have shown a little more love and provided a lot more substance

1  Thank Bubba M
Reviewed November 17, 2012

No longer on second avenue, but better atmosphere Same oversized sandwiches, take your pick. Mine is the corned beef, I get 2 extra slices of bread. My wife and I get soup, usually vegetable and matzoh ball, split the corned beef in two and dr browns cream soda. Go when your are hungry. Service with a smile.
Jeremy T

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We'd actually booked into one of the more famous tourist deli restaurants but after reading reviews we changed last minute to here, what a fantastic decision. We are lucky to have a tremendous deli near our North London home and this was just as good which is high praise. Walking in felt like stepping onto a film set and we were met by the friendly manager / owner with some joyous banter. The food was brilliant, simple and tasty. On our visit it looked like we were the only tourists in. Got there at 12 and no queue.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I tried the pastrami in many places in the city, but this is my favourite by far. My usual order here is Potato knish, draft beer, pastrami sandwich. 30$ tip and taxes included is the bill per person. I think, given the quality and the satisfaction once you are out, the price is pretty good. There are also many other things to eat, all delicious, but pastrami will always be my number one choice. Meat is kosher and no dairy is served.