“incredible food and drinks”
Review of Lima's Taste - CLOSED

Lima's Taste
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Village
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This restaurant offers exquisite dishes such as ceviche and lomo saltado and the drinks namely pisco sour are well worth the trip. It is a wonderful change from the humdrum of other menus. A truly unique experience in New York.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Ever since I visited Peru in 2004, I look forward to an opportunity to eat the cuisine. Out on a family dinner, we tried Lima's Taste for the first time.
Once you recover from the sticker shock of the pricey menu, you order what typical Peruvians eat but prepare to pay much much more!
Overall, I say the Ceviche saves the day with 5-6 variations at $15-18 per serving which could be shared by 2 as an appetizer. We went 4-ways and each got a taste. Plaintains at $8 per serving is crazy. Entrees of $25 or more shocking, especially for the chicken dishes. 2 of us went for the typical Causa - mashed potatoes stuffed with avocados and a choice of chicken or shrimp, delicious but again not a great value at about $15-18 per appetizer serving size.

Honestly, the server was nice and gracious when we were the only table in the place but as the restaurant quickly filled up, we found our order at the bottom of the totem pole with many other tables that came much later served their dinner before us. With drinks and tax our bill of $130 was hard to swallow when in fact we ordered mostly appetizers. SO.....so-so service and the 1 out of 2 entrees where sub-par. Apps were great but spendy. I say, skip it and save up for a trip to Machu Pichu instead!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Good if you want to get very genuine Peruvian food at all costs.

Fabulous ceviche, but a bit pricey for Greenwich Village at $18 a pop.

The pork ribs that I got were below average.

Service was as you would expect at a night highway diner. Our server seemed very rushed while dealing with us, yet all of our requests took a long time. She certainly has not had any formal waiter training - my friend's dish arrived with silverware already planted in it, and when the server dropped off her plate, the knife fell out. She did not seem to notice that, and rushed off.

Took her forever to run our card, which she finally did after we got the attention of the owner. The bill arrived with no pen, so she got whatever cash I had on me as the tip, as I could not bear waiting another 20 minutes for a pen to fill in the tip and sign the check.

Bottom line - it's ok, but I'm not coming back with all the options available in the area.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Don't miss the Ceviche Pescado that goes well with their Tequila drinks. Unfortunately they're 12$ each. Ridiculous!

Reviewed November 26, 2011

Horrible experience! Where to begin..First, I called to make a reservation and they did not take my name down. The person had hung up before I had a chance to say my name. The "Lima's Taste" at this restaurant means about 6 items on the menu which are the american version of the real "Taste" My boyfriend is Peruvian so he knows what the real "taste" is like and this restaurant is NOT IT. On top of it all I had a Livingsocial voucher and the waiter argued with me for half hour about how I had to pay the entire bill because they wouldn't accept my voucher. So I was stuck paying a $77 bill for a mediocre taste of Lima. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE!

1  Thank JessCes