“Pretty good BBQ”

Southern Hospitality BBQ
Reserve with OpenTable
Southern Hospitality BBQ is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,117 of 14,591 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 45th Street
Transit: We are a few blocks away from Times Square and the Port Authority. The following subways lines stop nearby: A, C, E, 1, 2, 3 N, R, M, S
Description: SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY is an authentic Memphis-Style BBQ restaurant and bar. We boast some of the finest southern food found this side of the Mason Dixon Line. We feature traditional specialties including Dry Rubbed BBQ Ribs, Sweet and Sticky Baby Back Ribs, Crispy Southern Fried Chicken, Fried Pickles, and Mac & Cheese that you'll never forget. Our Southern fare is complimented by juicy corn fed Steaks, grilled jumbo Gulf Shrimp with Rosemary Grits, and lighter fare like our Watercress and Praline Salad, and Grilled Salmon with Black Eyed Peas. In addition to our fine cuisine, we offer a full line of draft beers, an extensive list of sipping tequilas, and over 50 of the Country's finest Bourbons. World renown wine expert, Gary Vaynerchuk, has hand selected an eclectic wine list that pairs beautifully with our diverse menu.
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Yes, this is owned by Justin Timberlake, but it's not cheesy. The food was pretty good (and totally unhealthy) and the prices weren't outrageous for the area. We went for a late lunch, so it wasn't too crowded.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I'm from Texas, I know good barbecue. My wife and I figured we'd try this place out for lunch last week since it was near where we were staying, and we really liked the atmosphere. The restaurant had a great vibe, the staff was super friendly, and our waiter was EXCELLENT. The food was decent - I had the pulled pork sandwich. It was good, but it wasn't anything out of this world, or worth $14. It didn't wow me, but I enjoyed the meal. A good place to go if you're hungry and want a good atmosphere and good service, but as far as being blown away by the quality, it wouldn't be my number one choice. I would go back though.

1  Thank Jared W
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We chose it because Justin Timberlake owns it, and wanted to see what it was all about.
It's no more than a 10 minute walk from Times Square, has ample seating, is child friendly and you are greeted with a warm welcome.

The staff helped us with menu choices as I haven't really eaten 'southern food' before. Long story short, I don't like southern food but my other half does and he said the ribs were nothing special but still good.
I can vouch for the fried chicken and deviled eggs - very tasty.

It was reasonably priced for NYC.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was a great little restaurant. The food was fantastic. I wouldn't go here for health food but if you want comfort food it is amazing. We had barbecue, mac n cheese, tater tots and sweet tea. Oh and then dessert which was also terrific.

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic Cobb salad!! Very friendly asthenosphere and waiters. Nice mohito. Only shrimps were very spicy. But in general very nice place!