“Great mix of food and fun!”

Southern Hospitality BBQ
Reserve with OpenTable
Southern Hospitality BBQ is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,248 of 13,820 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 45th Street
Transit: We are a few blocks away from Times Square and the Port Authority. The following subways lines stop nearby: A, C, E, 1, 2, 3 N, R, M, S
Description: SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY is an authentic Memphis-Style BBQ restaurant and bar. We boast some of the finest southern food found this side of the Mason Dixon Line. We feature traditional specialties including Dry Rubbed BBQ Ribs, Sweet and Sticky Baby Back Ribs, Crispy Southern Fried Chicken, Fried Pickles, and Mac & Cheese that you'll never forget. Our Southern fare is complimented by juicy corn fed Steaks, grilled jumbo Gulf Shrimp with Rosemary Grits, and lighter fare like our Watercress and Praline Salad, and Grilled Salmon with Black Eyed Peas. In addition to our fine cuisine, we offer a full line of draft beers, an extensive list of sipping tequilas, and over 50 of the Country's finest Bourbons. World renown wine expert, Gary Vaynerchuk, has hand selected an eclectic wine list that pairs beautifully with our diverse menu.
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Great mix of food and fun!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were visiting New York and had been told about SH. After two days of dining at NY resturants with good food, but OVER PRICED and snobby, slow service, it was GREAT to come across Southern Hospitality!! It's not over priced, the service was friendly-like that you receive anywhere but NY and the food was all great. We're definitely returning!

• Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Excellent brunch!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Went for brunch on a Saturday, it was crowded but not overly so. There was a country group playing and they really set the mood. The bruch menu has a good selection, cheap prices, and big plates. Definitely a recommend!

The Woodlands, Texas
“VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I own a small company in Texas, and each year I host a client celebration party in New York. This year we booked our party at Southern Hospitaity at the 9th street location - to be held on Thursday, 3/14/2013. Of course, the restaurant was happy to book the party and as most establishments do, they asked me to guarantee the party of 25 people with a credit card.

Restaurant booked....invitations sent out....and all guests has RSVP'd.

Today, the event coordinator from the restaurant called to tell me they were BUMPING my party for another group coming to the restaurant. (Obviously, the "other" group booked AFTER we did.) She just kept saying it was "out of her hands". She was condecending and totally detached from the how this situation was going to affect me...the customer. The more condescending she was, the angrier I became. It was like she didn't feel that I should have any reason to be angry! After all, she suggested, I could just have my party on another night. I guess the "guarantee" only went one way!...ie, If my party didn't show up I would be charged. But , apparently, the restaurant didn't feel they had to guarantee that they would also honor their end of the contract.

When I asked her what group was bumping us, she said it was the owners and stock holders of the restaurant, and that they were closing the restaurant to the public for the day. (maybe theyre hoping for a sighting of Justin T.) If I were a stock holder of this restaurant I would be LIVID! It would be very hard for me to believe that the owners & stockholders would be OK with losing revenue AND losing customers in this manner.

I hadn't taken the time to read the review sights before this incident, but based on the customer reviews I'm now seeing, it's plain to see that the Southern Hospitaity Restaurant is STRUGGLING...STRUGGLING because of VERY POOR customer service and numerous other reasons!

The restaurant owners need to rethink it's name. I'm from Texas...AND THIS IS NOT SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY!

Nikki

• Visited March 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Huge portions”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Ate here on our first night in NYC. Huge portions, a busy Saturday night, but we got seated pretty quickly and sat at the bar until we did. Good service, prices were reasonable and more than either of us could eat. Food was tasty but not excellent.

“The only restaurant we ate at twice in one vacation. Epic food!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I think my brother would have married the fried pickles if given the chance! I was in love with my fried green tomato sandwich and sweet tea. And who could forget that epic dipping sauce!!!!! I am finding somewhere to buy that sauce right now. It is really too bad I live across the country from this restaurant.