“Excellent French bistro!”
Review of LA SIRENE

LA SIRENE
Reserve with OpenTable
LA SIRENE is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,838 of 13,941 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Between 6th Ave. & Varick (closer to Varick)
Transit: A, C & E trains to Spring Street Station.
Description: Classic French Cuisine revisited on the new and healthy side. We do use as seasoning only the Himalayan Pink Salt ( doesn't cause harm for our heart) We use Induction technology and don't fry nor grill our Proteins. We care about you having the best we can offer! Didier ( chef owner)
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We had a wonderful dinner in this lovely restaurant in Soho : the cook is very careful with the quality of the food. We loved the tenderloin and the kassoulet. For dessert, we ate some delicious profiteroles with chocolate sauce.

1  Thank Coco_Labi
There are newer reviews for LA SIRENE

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I visited this nice quaint restaurant, near the Holland tunnel entrance, it is great to take a date
for a nice quiet dinner, perfect for any celebrities that don't want to be bothered by the paparazzo
or fans . The Food was absolute amazing. The homemade French Onion soup was so good, I ordered a second bowl. The beet salad was so fresh and crisp. everything was first class. Great
Wine Selection, even Wines from Israel were offered. A MUST VISIT one of the best French Restaurants, i have visited. Everything is perfection and home made. The staff was so accommodating and friendly!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The escargot was the best I've had, and the cassoulet was delicious, deeply flavoured, and very satisfying. My wife had the pear with blue cheese and loved it. Our server recommended that we share the cassoulet - thank goodness. It was the perfect portion for 2.
But what made this restaurant stand out was the service, which was friendly and informative without being intrusive. We met the owner, and complimented him on his wine selections, which were delicious and moderately priced.
This was one of the best meals we have had on our travels and can recommend it without hesitation.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

The food was largely excellent - for starters, the chèvre tartelette was amazing, baby octopus and mussels in dijon sauce were also very good. For mains, the filet mignon with foie gras was incredible, though the heavy sauce was a little too dominant and overwhelmed the softer flavours of meat and foie gras a little. We also enjoyed the lamb a lot; the hanger steak was the only main that we thought could have been better - it was too fatty.

It's very cosy - quite a lot of people crammed into a small space. It worked out fine for us, but if your neighbours are loud this may be annoying. Service was very friendly. In all, it was a lovely evening that left us very happy and planning to return.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I came here for dinner on Friday night with my boyfriend and another couple. This place is BYOB (no corkage fee, such a rare find) and cash only. We decided to share appetizers and get our own entrees.

For apps, we split:
-the roasted escargot
-sauteed baby octopus
-classic mussels

My favorite of these three was the escargot. So buttery. Yum! The octopus was okay (still dreaming of the octopus at Toqueville) and the mussels were nothing special. We had to dig through them to get to the sauce at the bottom. The bread was plentiful though and we kept asking for more and more to soak of all the sauces from our various appetizers.

For entrees, three of us got the Filet Mignon with foie gras and my boyfriend got the garlic duck confit. The Filet was absolutely delish! The foie gras was the perfect accompaniment and the truffle sauce was divine. My boyfriend didn't love his dish--the menu did warn how rich it would be and it was right. Too rich. The veggie sides were all fresh and very good.

For dessert, I got a cappuccino we all shared the chocolate lava cake, the banana creme brulee and the meringue. Nothing stood out to me, but my friends enjoyed.

The ambiance was decent...it is a little cramped. Service was good. I'd recommend this restaurant to friends looking for a good meal and a charming night.

1  Thank Nikki A