“BYOB is a plus!”
Review of LA SIRENE

LA SIRENE
Reserve with OpenTable
LA SIRENE is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,546 of 14,285 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Between 6th Ave. & Varick (closer to Varick)
Transit: A, C & E trains to Spring Street Station.
Description: Classic French Cuisine revisited on the new and healthy side. We do use as seasoning only the Himalayan Pink Salt ( doesn't cause harm for our heart) We use Induction technology and don't fry nor grill our Proteins. We care about you having the best we can offer! Didier ( chef owner)
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Love this small restaurant in lower Manhattan, TriBeCa I think. We were staying on UWS but an easy subway ride downtown. So nice to bring your own wine and not even a corkage fee. On top of that the food and service is outstanding. Friend and I shared the pear/gorgonzola salad and the fresh beet salad. Both very good but the pears won my vote. For my entree I had quail, yummy, and friend had duck, good. We shared the banana pudding for dessert, which is more like a creme brûlée with bananas. Absolutely wonderful and next time I will have my own and not share a bite! Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My fav nyc french bistro! The place is really small but the food is beyond value, the service is very warm.All their items are lip smacking and the escargots are my favorite:)

Reviewed January 4, 2013

The food was excellent and service helpful, honest, without being pretentious. The Goat cheese tart is outstanding but very rich -- we were glad we split it. The filet with foie gras was delectable and the sides sumptuous. The lava cake was also quite good. The pork unfortunately was a bit bland. Major down side was the open kitchen. Even though we were across the eating area from the kitchen, the smells were very strong and had permeated our clothing afterward.

Remember, BYOB and cash only!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

The food is ok. Not bad.The place smells of cooking fat. I got sore eyes. Service was very good,
They do not sell sparkling water and dont have a liquer licence.

2  Thank Birgirb_12
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Took a chance based on reviews on yelp and tripadvisor. What a hit! Fabulous place. Friendly service, great food all around. The goat cheese tart is indeed as fabulous as everyone says! Entrees were delicious (got the duck). Highly recommended. BYOB is an added bonus and saves you a ton of cash. GO!!