“Just as expected”
Review of 15 East Restaurant

15 East Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
15 East Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,439 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 5th Avenue
Transit: L, N, Q, R, W, 4, 5 & 6 trains to Union Square - 14th Street and F & V trains to 6th Avenue.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Wondefully fresh sashimi and sushi. The yellow tail tasting sashimi and uni tasting (our own a la carte choice) were particularly good. Not cheap, but not unexpected! Reliable place when cravings for these kind of things!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Secured 2 spots at the sushi bar -" omaske please" It is that simple to order. And we'll worth every penny

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Arrived with a party of 4, exactly on time. Had to wait for 15 minutes, and it took a while before we could order a drink.
3 of us ordered the tasting menu. I preferred some à la carte dishes. Lucky me. My dishes were all right (esp. the smoked salmon), but not even close to what I expect in such a highly regarded place - not to mention the high prices.
You'd expect the sushi and sashimi to be extraordinary. No way. And some of the added complexity was just distracting, not enhancing. But even the rice was not beyond reproach. Dessert was really disappointing.
I can only imagine this was a total offday. If this is the standard performance, a place like this couldn't last 6 months.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great option for sushi in Union Square! The ambiance is quite nice and zen with comfortable seats as another plus. The give out complimentary seasoned edamame which was a nice start to the meal. We both got the Sushi Omakase Lunch with the addition of the kumamoto oysters and the sashimi tartare. The oysters were delicious, however the one I had was not shucked too carefully and I got broken grains of oyster shell with my slurp. The sashimi tartare had two types of tuna and was complimented nicely with the creme fraiche and caviar.

Finally our omakase came and it was wonderful. 8 pieces of sushi along with half of a tuna roll. The yellowtail was buttery and melted in your mouth. Definitely my favorite of the lot. The selection was also nice, but we could have done without the raw shrimp and the mackerel. The roll was also very tasty though and we were quite pleased with our meals.

Only issue is that it is pretty pricey for lunch (about $50pp) but it was dinner quality. Also the portions left us still hungry and wanting more. I would definitely give this place a try for dinner omakase too, however. I just hope I feel full after that meal!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is the best sushi I've had in the US and compares well with the best in Tokyo. It is definitely very expensive but, if you can afford it, worth every dollar. We shared the 4-way hamachi, 11-style sea lettuces, seared sea scallops, sashimi and sushi omakase, and some more sushi pieces. The sommelier also presented an excellent set of recommendations for sake.