“Amazing food and staff”

Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Dublin, Ireland
“Amazing food and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

I had one of the best breakfasts for a long time in this restaurant recently. I ate the "Ouefs Columbus" and the flavours were amazing. People around me also had very appetising dishes from quiche to pancakes and crepes. If I lived in Manhattan, I'd eat here once or twice a week, its that good.

It might be a bit of a trek to get to, but believe me its worth it and it's also good to go off the beaten track and explore other areas of Manhattan.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank naraic_dublin

Carteret, New Jersey
“Best crepes in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Due to the recent hurricane, my family and I were staying with friends on the upper west side of NYC. Saturday evening our friends took us to this neighborhood restaurant for an unexpected treat-crepes-sweet and savory.
Crepes on Columbus is a small,bistro like place. Our friends had told us that sometimes it is superpacked and the wait could be long. Fortunately for us there was no wait and we were seated immediately. Our server was attentive and gave us time to read through the menu. Breakfast crepes are served all day and there are many dinner options other than crepes.
My daughter and I ordered breakfast crepes that were stuffed with fillings of our choice. The crepes were light but filling. Another in our party ordered the Tiger Shrimp crepe that was declared delicious. Small ones with us had pancakes and an egg and cheese bagel. There were options for all.
Of course, we ordered two sweet crepes for dessert with our choice of fillings. We saw another table of six come in just for dessert! I couldn't agree with this group more-go to Crepes on Columbus for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or just dessert!!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Lynne L
New York,NY
“My new favorite breakfast spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Live here in NYC and went to this place over the weekend. My new favorite breakfast spot in the city. 4 of us dined and we all totally enjoyed our breakfast. Best french toast i've had in the city. Will definately be returning!

• Visited October 2012
London, Canada
“If you love Crepes, you'll love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

This great spot was rated tied for top rating by our family on a recent whirlwind 3-day trip to NYC. We've had crepes beachside in Santorini, in Chicago, in Old San Juan, and wherever else we find them and this restaurant is definitely on par with the best. Our teenaged daughters bypassed lunch and went straight to the chocolate-lovers' dessert pizzas, but I had the goat-cheese, caramelized onion option first before finishing off my brunch with the lemon/sugar dessert crepe. It was very busy when we were there, but the wait staff were cordial and diligent. And - you can watch the crepes being made from your table if you sit closer to the back, which is great fun - at one point the chef had about a half dozen on the go at once! You won't be disappointed and it's worth the effort to take the subway or a cab to try out this gem.

• Visited October 2012
“Decent crepes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Montparnasse, not quite close, it's a little on the sweet side. The lady server was really friendly and accommodating.