Open today: 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM

from $35.00
from $35.00
from $46.17
More Info
All reviews lots of history greenwich village our tour guide new york spooky halloween knowledge stops nyc
Selected filters
Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

My mother, brother and I went on this tour (we are born and raised New Yorkers from Queens) and were thrilled with our experience. We have been in Greenwich Village hundreds of times and had no clue about its rich history and hauntings until our wonderful tour guide Tony filled us in. He was extremely knowledgeable and took time to answer all of our questions. He was extremely helpful with his pre-tour text about where to meet and how we could find him. Every stop of the tour was extremely interesting and Tony did a wonderful job of giving all the details about everything that occurred at the stops. We purchased the EMF detector which was so fun to have on the tour. Seeing it light up as we walked around added a spooky factor perfect for a tour so close to Halloween.

I would HIGHLY recommend this tour to any visitors to NYC, but even native New Yorkers would enjoy it as they will learn things they never knew about Greenwich Village. All in all, it was an excellent night and well worth the $25!

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

I came in from out of town and went on this ghost tour with family. It was really awesome hearing about the history in Greenwich village. The tour wasn't super gory by any means, and with that being said, it would be really interesting for kids about 12 and up. I got an emf to use on the walk. There was another younger boy in the group, and we used it together. I would recommend downloading an emf on your phone and see if it goes off when the rental one does. I did feel a weird pressure in my neck near the textile factory. I would recommend this tour to anyone who has little knowledge about history in new York.

Date of experience: October 2018
Victoria G, Public Relations Manager at New York Ghost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

We definitely put a focus on history. Thank you for the review!

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

The tour was actually one of the best we had in New York, we thought it will be plain and too long but nothing like that at all. Glenn our tour guide who was very patient, nice and knowledgeable took us to this “unknown world” Greenwich village told us all these interesting stories and weird creepy things happened around it, and the neighborhood was very nice and we even stayed around this neighborhood to eat dinner after the tour ended, definitely a tour I 100% recommend, I’ll do it again with more friends next time.

Date of experience: June 2018
Elizabeth E, Marketing at New York Ghost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

I'm so glad that you had fun! I will pass along your wonderful review to Glenn!

Greenwich Village definitely has a spooky history that few people know about and it's always interesting to learn the darker side of a city's history.

I hope you come back soon!

Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

Lots of history and well delivered, true stories of murder, accidents, disaster and spirits that share the night with us...whether we realize it or not. Tony was an awesome guide! My 13 year old son and I thoroughly enjoyed our time on this walk around Greenwich Village! We highly recommend it.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank John L
Victoria G, Manager at New York Ghost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Hi John! We're so happy to hear that you and son had a great time with Tony. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed May 2, 2018

I had a great time on this tour. The guide Becky was great and our tour group was small, under ten people. The tour was about 90 minutes long, and we covered a lot of interesting facts about the city I've never heard before that fed right into the eerie stories of hauntings that happen at each of the places we visited. I think it's a hidden gem worth checking out.

Date of experience: May 2018
Elizabeth E, Marketing at New York Ghost Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so glad you had fun! We hope to see you in one of our other locations, such as New Orleans, Las Vegas, or Savannah! Thank you so much for booking with us!