“Great hotel!”

Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo
Ranked #305 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Location was outstanding! Easy to get to popular attractions by walking or subway. Staff was wonderful, especially the front desk. Free breakfast was great! If you are looking for a great value and a great location I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Anna M
arthurcheung, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Dear Anna M:

I am glad to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at the Hampton Inn Manhattan SoHo and for taking the time to share your positive experience for others to view. Thank you! We hope to service you in the future.

Best regards,
Arthur Cheung

Write a ReviewReviews (1,747)

Reviewed August 6, 2014

This hotel is a bargain for New York – it has a reasonable rate and you get free breakfast. The rooms are on the smaller side of what you get in New York; and the interior of my room was a little ‘worn’. The breakfast facility was too small to handle the traffic and more elevators were needed to handle the amount of people using them. Recommend staying on one of the lower floors so you can take the stairs - otherwise plan to wait up to 10 minutes for the elevator to come during busy times, and to stop at every floor. The bar’s pretty good for a hotel; they can make a good mixed drink/martini. Drink pricing is standard for NY bars (expensive).

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
arthurcheung, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Dear JenniferC:

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I booked this hotel via Hotels.com. Arrived at 1am after a flight from the West coast with my confirmation number and Hotels.com confirming email. The attendant at the Hampton informed me that the rezzie wasn't on file and the hotel was sold out. Typical of many crappy NY hotels she left me to my own devices for figuring out what to do next. No scrambling to find me a room elsewhere, blaming Hotels.com for the problem.

Here's the problem. Hotels.com confirms the rezzie with the property BEFORE confirming on their end. It was the Hampton, oversold of course, that then kicked the rezzie out. And their reservation clerk with her uncaring "not my problem" attitude confirms that I'll never ever book here again.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere or risk getting screwed over by this property and this brand.
Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
arthurcheung, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Chris M:

Dear Guest,

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed August 5, 2014

It is situated in Soho, a busy but also quite place (compared to Times Square area). Nice restaurants and bars in the area makes it attractive during the evening hours. It is situated next to Canal street, where many subway stations are situated, so you can easily get around NY. Broadway street has almost all main brands stores. On W.Boradway street and Laguardia street and the area you may find a vairety of bars, restauratns. (2 to 3 blocks from the hotel) The hotel was clean, quite (we were at the 15th floor), and the staff friendly. The rooms were a little small comparing to other Hampton Hotels in the US, but this is NY! We enjoyed our 6 day stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Spyros G:

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad to see that my staff was able to make your stay a pleasant experience. The location of the hotel is in a very friendly low key neighborhood. We hope that you will return to the Hampton Inn Manhattan SoHo in the future. Thank you!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I love Hampton Inns, and the SoHo is an excellent choice…close to a train….restaurants…especially the fabulous Lupe's, friendly staff, reasonable prices, comfy beds, and for a NYC hotel it was roomy. I will be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Dear 916MaryEllen:

Dear Guest,

Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is going to be a laundry list of wrongs. Sorry. First let me say that the staff are lovely. However, staying here is about like staying in a college dorm or a hostel. Dirty lobby upon arrival, clean in the morning. The whole hotel has a funky smell in halls and common areas. Rooms smell fine. Check in is at 4 and they really mean it. Nothing is ready before that. One elevator for a 19 story hotel (one was out of order) so expect to wait a minimum of ten minutes. The stairwells are locked to the inside so I don't know if going up by stairs is an option. Nicest staff but they seem totally overworked. Two calls from the front desk, back to back by different people, to see if my room was OK. The air conditioning unit said "controlled by wall thermostat" but the thermostat didn't work. Had to call for help at midnight and the very nice building tech said that my unit actually wasn't controlled by the wall thermostat... Oy vey. Then the noise the darned thing made was crazy loud and woke me up all night. I had asked for a second washcloth early in the evening and never got it until I had to call about the air conditioning and mentioned the wash cloth, so the tech brought it with him.

Single king rooms are tiny, even by NY standards. I was alone but with another person I don't know where we would have kept our stuff off the floor. No dresser to put things on and no shelf in the bathroom, so you have to put your toiletries in the sink if you are doing something like drying hair or putting on make up. The sink rim is just a little too tiny. The location of the hotel is OK and, as mentioned, staff is very kind and polite. Very close to Little Italy and Soho shops. The proximity to the tunnel makes for really bad traffic in the area, particularly on weekends, so it may be better to take the subway than a cab if you don't have much luggage. I'm not a breakfast eater but the included breakfast looked OK. Highlight was the staff. Wouldn't stay again but it could have been worse.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business