“very good!”

Ranked #295 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Quito, Ecuador
“very good!”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

its perfect for the Price and the location is ok! The complementary breakfast and the free wi fi is perfect!! The only problema that i had was the momento of check out they had no sistema so i had to wait too long

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KleinV54, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear FELIPE R,

Thank you for being a recent guest of ours. We are happy to know how much you enjoyed your stay and are glad the complimentary breakfast came in handy during your stay. Our apologies that your check out time took longer than expected, we will work on speeding up this process. Hope to see you return again in the near future!

Regards,

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Jessup, PA
Reviewed May 16, 2014

From the moment we walked in the door the folks at this hotel made us feel welcome. They were extremely professional, thorough and efficient. They anticipated our needs and made several suggestions that improved our overall experience in NYC. And they were genuinely friendly while doing it! Our room, although a little on the small side, still accommodated us (and the 2 bikes) comfortably. The lobby, bar and breakfast area were clean and inviting. Breakfast choices were ample and the quality was very good. The location was perfect - nice walks to many sites and close to really cool restaurants, shops etc.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

KL, Malaysia
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The room was reasonably sized for the price. The room was clean (crisp, fresh sheets upon check-in), with a proper-sized wardrobe, in-room safe and a reasonably-sized desk to work on. The shower stall was spacious and while I would've liked more counter space around the sink, it wasn't unmanageable. I wasn't too keen on the Neutrogena toiletries (as, ironically, my skin is severely allergic to the brand) but that wasn't too much of an issue as I had packed my own full set of toiletries. I had a city-view room on the 15th floor, which looked out onto the Empire State Building in the distance. Very pretty.

Sleep quality was.. mixed. While the fluffy King-sized bed was lovely to sleep on (and do work on, with the laptop tray provided) the hotel seemed to be on an exceptionally popular route for police cars, fire trucks and ambulances to go by every hour or two, sirens blaring.

A note to make here is that taxis and hired cars weren't very keen on dropping me off / picking me up at the hotel entrance itself, due to Watts St leading straight into the Holland Tunnel, thereby being congested almost continuously. They'd always drop me off at either the corner of the block, or one block away. Again, not a huge problem, but something to take into account nonetheless, especially if you have walking disabilities.

The buffet breakfast was nice. The selection was not huge, but more than sufficient with a waffle station, three hot food selections, fruit, cereals & yoghurt, toast/bread/pastries. My favourite things about the hotel were:
- the 24-hour complimentary hot drinks station in the lobby: hot coffee (regular, strong and decaf) as well as teas and hot chocolate available around the clock was lovely.
- that the hotel is within 5 minutes walk of three different Subway lines, and a short 10-15 mins walk away from Washington Square or Chinatown & Little Italy. The West Village, High Line, Meatpacking District and Chelsea are also very pleasant (if longer) walks from the hotel.

All in all, a good stay. Would definitely consider it a repeat stay if I have business in that part of town again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank IshDewyn
Dear IshDewyn,

Thank you for the great review about your recent stay. We are glad to have been able to been the choice hotel during your trip to to NY and are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you will consider us in the future.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hotel is located near almost all important attractions in New York. Time Square was about a 30 minute walk and China town was right outside our door near Canal St. The subway is walking distance to the hotel which makes it easy to get to and from any time of the day. The breakfast was amazing which saved a lot of money for 5 ladies that loves to shop, this definitely was a great hotel. The hotel is a boutique hotel which is small but cute. I only had one issue during my five day stay there but was quickly rectified. The rooftop outdoor space is amazing, the view is beautiful and a must check-out spot. The staff is very helpful in helping you get to when from anywhere that you need with also suggesting things to do in the area.Overall I would rate this hotel a 4 because getting a taxi to come to the front of the hotel was difficult and they cut the ice machine off at 10pm for noise reason which then made guest travel to lower level to get ice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
KleinV54, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Nina W,

Thank you for the wonderful review about your recent stay. We are glad you and your group of lady friends were able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast and that Soho served your shopping desires as it is a popular town for that very reason. Sorry that you had a small issue but we are glad it was rectified immediately. Hope to see you return in the future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 10, 2014

This hotel had everything I would expect from a hotel except a pool. The room was small for a hotel but large for NYC, especially south of 23rd street. Very close walking distance to the village. I did not pay for parking as I stayed on a Sunday and found free on street parking but they do offer valet service. The top floor has a great outdoor deck that offers views of south Manhattan and Jersey. The soaps and shampoos were somewhat high end. The front desk gave me free shaving cream because I forgot mine and it was Gillette Brand. They had free cookies at check in. The street was one of the safer ones for pedestrian walking but the cars going into and out of the Holland tunnel on Monday morning were driving erratically. After I checked out, I simply drove into the Holland tunnel and left the city. Very convenient for those who do not want to drive through the city to escape. There is a bar on site but I did not go to. At check in they said there is discount pricing for guest, so if hotel bars are your thing it probably wouldn’t be that expensive.

Room Tip: Higher up the better
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
KleinV54, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Chris F,

Thank you for review about your recent stay with us. We are happy to know that our many amenity brands of choice came in handy during your stay. More importantly, convenience is very important when one travels and I am glad you found us convenient for your trip purpose. We hope to see you again soon, thank you for being our guest.

Regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Being a regular visitor to New York particularly the Soho or Tribeca area I have stayed in a number of the hotels in the area and have been back to the Hampton inn a few times.

Ok it's not lavish or something you would not see elsewhere but the reason I go back is because it is:
....welcoming
.....clean
.....comfortable
......friendly
......offers good breakfasts
......has great bar and friendly bar staff
......ideally located for exploring New York
......has good views - some rooms have views over the Empire State Building

On my last visit I arrived in the middle of the night and unfortunately there was a problem with the water in my room but as soon as I phoned reception they moved me and sent a porter to help me move rooms. The next day I was moved into a new room and returned to my room after a day at the office to a complimentary goodie bag to apologise for the inconvenience. Great customer service as always!

I will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear honest-guest99,

Thank you for being a return guest of ours. It means a lot to me and my team to leave you the kind of impression that makes you want to return and we are glad we are your hotel of choice. Sorry to hear about the issue you experienced on your last stay but I am happy to know our team resolved that matter rapidly. Hoping to see you here more often and thanks for your contribution.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I was on a business trip to NYC and chose this hotel due to a good corporate rate and past experience with Hampton Inn in the UK. The location of the hotel is very good - central location and close to everything in the downtown area, next to the train station, and is a short distance to the office that I was visiting. The staffs were great - welcoming with smiles, informative, and helpful. Overall, it was a good stay and I would recommend this hotel to families and friends who plan to visit NYC. My family and I would definitely consider staying at the hotel again for our next NYC trip.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Dear William S,

Thank you for being loyal to the Hilton brand. We are glad you were able to experience our Soho Hamptonality and more importantly that you found value in your stay amongst convenience as well. Looks like you were able to get leisure out of your business trip and I am happy to have been able to host your stay.

Warm Regards,