“Does what it says on the tin”

Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo
Ranked #302 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Comfortable beds, speedy checkout, handy location. It does what it says and what you expect. I would use it again. It could be a little cheaper but then again I think all New York hotels are overpriced. They even had some toothpaste available since I'd forgotten mine - very handy.

1  Thank Sebastian T
KleinV54, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Dear Sebastian T,

Thank you for being a recent guest of ours. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay and especially that we met your expectations. Hopefully we'll be able to host more of your stays and win you over as a regular.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We were very pleased with the Hampton Inn. Very convenient. The subway is around the corner and countless restaurants in SoHo, Chinatown, Little Italy and Tribeca within very pleasant walking distance. Get away from the craziness of midtown and stay in a real neighborhood.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pjcurran75
KleinV54, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Paul C,

Thank you for sharing your review about your recent stay with us. We are happy to know how convenient and pleasing you found your stay with us. Most will certainly agree that Soho makes your staying in NYC a lot more pleasurable especially not having to be in such a busy part of NYC like midtown but yet still have an easy 10 minute train ride to for that experience. All in all, we are glad your experience went smoothly and are glad to host your stay anytime in the future.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

This hotel has professional and helpful staff. The rooms are small but average by NY standards. The bathroom is fine but basic. My most recent room overlooked offices, so I had to keep my curtains closed the whole time I was there, so no one could see in. My room was cold too. The heating/cooling system in the room didn't work properly and was really noisy. The bed was comfortable but the bed cover was very thin and I woke up from the cold during the night. Also the room walls were thin and i could hear next door. I stayed in the hotel for 5 nights, so each night I heard a new set of people. I also got woken up at 3am one night with women talking in the hallway. The breakfast is average and is self service which makes it laid back. Overall, I think the hotel is overpriced for what is essentially a basic hotel.

1  Thank Saunders B
KleinV54, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Saunders B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your current stay. I truly apologize that your stay didn't go to your satisfaction as our aim is to cater to the expectations of each and every guest. As you can imagine, I am embarrassed and surprised to find out that your entire 5 night stay didn't go accordingly. I would have made it my personal business to flip things around for you and I am sorry that we missed the chance to be aware of those issues. Our staff is dedicate in making your stay as enjoyable as possible and I can assure you we would of done everything in our power to address all those concerns. My deepest apologies, perhaps if you give us another chance in the future you can e-mail me directly at klein.vergara@hilton.com ahead of your reservation date as I would like to take great care of you. Thank you for pointing out where we went wrong, we will address those issues and avoid that for the future of our guests.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The front desk was extremely accommodating from the moment we arrived. We were given a room on the 19th floor with a private terrace and an amazing view. The location was perfect for shopping in Soho and dining in the village. I have stayed at most of the Hampton inns in Manhattan and this is my new favorite. We will be back!

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Cher1chris,

Thank you so much for sharing such a great review. I am pleased to know how amazing you found our service especially since the moment you stepped foot into our hotel. That room with private terrace is indeed a favorite amongst our repeat guests and we are happy you were able to experience it. Glad to know that we are now your favorite Hampton Inn in Manhattan and we hope to provide you with more of our Soho based Hamptonality.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed at this property during Spring Break (March 15 -19, 2014) and found it to be accommodating. The staff was extremely helpful. The location is great and access to taxis were not a problem.

The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was quite small and there was mold around the shower soap holder. The carpet in our room (307) was in need of shampooing. We asked for a high floor but ended up getting a room in the back on the 3rd floor with a view of another building's brick wall.

Upon checkout our card was swiped twice, so I have 2 pending entries for the same amount. No biggie, I'm sure one will eventfully fall off.

I've stayed at many properties in NYC and if you are just looking for accommodations, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear b56pete,

We appreciate the personal time you took to write a review about your recent stay during spring break. Our apologies about the negatives you encountered here I can promise you we will be addressing them immediately with the correct departments.

Our staff takes pride in delivering the hospitality you deserve so I do thank you for acknowledging us and you can bet we will continue to focus on leaving lasting impressions on our guests. I hope to see you return in the future, please reach out to me beforehand as I'd like to make your stay much more enjoyable. Hoping to see you soon and thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel! The staff was amongst the best hotel staff that I have encountered. Very welcoming and helpful. They go above and beyond. The beds are very comfy and the rooms are quiet. My husband and I both slept wonderfully. Clean modern bathroom. The free coffee, tea and cookies are a nice touch. Also the hot breakfast bar is super convenient when you want to get up and go and explore the city. We have stayed at several other much more expensive hotels in the city and we still prefer the Hampton Inn Soho. We will be staying there during our next trip for sure.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ann E,

Good to hear back from you after your recent stay. We take pride in knowing our guest's leave here happy and wanting to return. I want to thank you for the great feedback and for kind compliments of our hotel staff. We hope this would be home away from home in your future NYC endeavors and look forward to seeing you return.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

You can't beat the location of this hotel. It's down a quiet street but just off Broadway in Soho. The staff were very friendly and helpful and allowed me to check in early - which you very rarely get in the more expensive hotels.

Dear siobhanb838,

Thank you for being a guest of ours. We are glad we were able to exceed your expectations and allow you that early check in that does make all the difference after your long travels. Your feedback means a lot to us and we are glad you had a pleasant stay.

Guest Service MAnager