“Amazing service and location!”

Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo
Ranked #293 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Rockaway, New Jersey
“Amazing service and location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

The front desk was extremely accommodating from the moment we arrived. We were given a room on the 19th floor with a private terrace and an amazing view. The location was perfect for shopping in Soho and dining in the village. I have stayed at most of the Hampton inns in Manhattan and this is my new favorite. We will be back!

• Stayed March 2014
KleinV54, Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-SoHo, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Cher1chris,

Thank you so much for sharing such a great review. I am pleased to know how amazing you found our service especially since the moment you stepped foot into our hotel. That room with private terrace is indeed a favorite amongst our repeat guests and we are happy you were able to experience it. Glad to know that we are now your favorite Hampton Inn in Manhattan and we hope to provide you with more of our Soho based Hamptonality.

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Katy, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed at this property during Spring Break (March 15 -19, 2014) and found it to be accommodating. The staff was extremely helpful. The location is great and access to taxis were not a problem.

The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was quite small and there was mold around the shower soap holder. The carpet in our room (307) was in need of shampooing. We asked for a high floor but ended up getting a room in the back on the 3rd floor with a view of another building's brick wall.

Upon checkout our card was swiped twice, so I have 2 pending entries for the same amount. No biggie, I'm sure one will eventfully fall off.

I've stayed at many properties in NYC and if you are just looking for accommodations, this is the place for you.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear b56pete,

We appreciate the personal time you took to write a review about your recent stay during spring break. Our apologies about the negatives you encountered here I can promise you we will be addressing them immediately with the correct departments.

Our staff takes pride in delivering the hospitality you deserve so I do thank you for acknowledging us and you can bet we will continue to focus on leaving lasting impressions on our guests. I hope to see you return in the future, please reach out to me beforehand as I'd like to make your stay much more enjoyable. Hoping to see you soon and thank you for being our guest!

Regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel! The staff was amongst the best hotel staff that I have encountered. Very welcoming and helpful. They go above and beyond. The beds are very comfy and the rooms are quiet. My husband and I both slept wonderfully. Clean modern bathroom. The free coffee, tea and cookies are a nice touch. Also the hot breakfast bar is super convenient when you want to get up and go and explore the city. We have stayed at several other much more expensive hotels in the city and we still prefer the Hampton Inn Soho. We will be staying there during our next trip for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ann E,

Good to hear back from you after your recent stay. We take pride in knowing our guest's leave here happy and wanting to return. I want to thank you for the great feedback and for kind compliments of our hotel staff. We hope this would be home away from home in your future NYC endeavors and look forward to seeing you return.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

You can't beat the location of this hotel. It's down a quiet street but just off Broadway in Soho. The staff were very friendly and helpful and allowed me to check in early - which you very rarely get in the more expensive hotels.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear siobhanb838,

Thank you for being a guest of ours. We are glad we were able to exceed your expectations and allow you that early check in that does make all the difference after your long travels. Your feedback means a lot to us and we are glad you had a pleasant stay.

Guest Service MAnager
Emilyspinach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I always stay at this hotel when I come to NY to see family. The hotel is two blocks from a main subway station. It is very close to a lot of great restaurants and shopping. The staff is always friendly and helpful. I feel safe coming back to the hotel alone even at night because it is off a busy street. I just booked a room for April and look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: Just ask to see the room first to see if it's to your liking. Any good hotel should comply.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear EmilySpinach,

Thank you kindly for sharing such positive feedback about our hotel. Just as you said, any good hotel should comply to even a request such as assuring your room is up to your standards and we are glad that was the case. Thank you for acknowledging our staff, I will be sharing your feedback with them as they will be delighted to hear great feedback. See you soon in April, hoping to continue making you a return guest!

Breckenridge, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

It was my first time in NYC and I chose this Hotel because it has a very nice rate and a very good location! We stayed in the top floor, it has a great view of the city!
There is also a roof where you can go and have some drinks and meet people for all over the world!
The night audit guy, I don't remember his name anymore, but he was awesome! very helpful and a great buddy, he deserves a raise for sure!
The only thing that I am not giving a 5 stars it's just because the guy who is in charge of the breakfast was kind of rude, and there is just one restroom in the lobby area, and many people wanted to get in when I just came!
Nothing else to complain about this place! It was awesome, I had a wonderful days with my girlfriend and we made friends at the roof, I'm looking forward to go back there someday!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ChrisRam
Dear ChrisRam,

Thank you for taking time our in sharing your thoughts. Your feedback is very much appreciated and weather negative or positive we love to hear back from our guests as we can focus on knowing where we are doing greatly and where we may need improvement. It truly sounds like you had a wonderful stay here especially this being your first time in NYC and I am glad that was the case. Our apologies about the issue you mentioned at breakfast time as that is not the kind of impression we like to leave on our guests, we can assure you that will be avoided in the future. Regardless I am pleased to know how much you enjoyed yourself, please feel free to reach out to me on your next trip as I would like to make it an better one for you.

Falls church, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

It is my second time in this hotel, very close to the Soho, and the Subway, a lot of good resturant in the area. the Hotel stuff are very nice, you get free breakfast, nice showers and rooms, very clean. we drove to NY, and there were a lot of free parking in the area, not meter or restrictions, Highly recomended.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Ofir G
Dear Ofir G,

Thank you for being a return guest and thank you for sharing the great feedback. We are glad that to hear that you found our hotel accommodating as we understand how those added complimentary amenities make all the difference. We are also happy to know that you took advantage of the street parking the city allows on weekends, surely can save you a pretty penny. We hope to see you again, soon. Thanks for being our guests.

Regards,