“It is what is is. Brilliant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vezzo

Vezzo
Ranked #158 of 13,551 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
London, United Kingdom
“It is what is is. Brilliant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

How can you describe a place like this? It a great pizzeria.

The pizzas are amazing - clearly, they are baked and cooked from underneath, allowing a maga crispy thin base with a wet topping - unbelievable.

The wine prices are very attractive, much better than uptown rip-off prices.

If you want a Romana style pizza in NY, this place is worth a visit. It will not disappoint!

• Visited March 2014

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Go for the thin pizza, that's all.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Don't even think of ordering pasta. Have a pizza and maybe a kale salad. That's it. The pizzas are excellent if you don't want a lot of carbs.

• Visited February 2014
REPUBLIC
“Looked promising, failed to deliver”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Ordered the pasta with chicken, bacon, and mushrooms in an Alfredo sauce, my 15 year old ordered the meat lasagne, and husband ordered the classic pizza. Reviews said it was a good place to launch our 5 day NYC visit, but....frankly, this wasn't the best meal to start our trip. Son's lasagne was cold in the middle, my Alfredo sauce was cloying and there wasn't much chicken, but the pizza was good. Not a slam dunk for the picky eater son, and I was a little disappointed with the pasta dishes. Ginestreto wine was delicious. Would I return? Nope. Too many other restaurants to explore. Nice wait staff, hip, energetic vibe, reasonable prices. Recommend for couples, singles, and small families, since the larger the group, the longer the wait, even on a Thursday.

“Doesn't live up to the hype”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We tried this place because of it's Trip Advisor rating and yes the foods was good and the atmosphere pleasant. However, we did have to send back a cold entree and the service was a little less than attentive.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Back at Vezzo, What Can I Say?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I’ve reviewed Vezzo before, it’s right across the street from the Ramada Eastside, (see separate review) where I often stay on both business and personal trips to New York.

This was the case when my wife and I were in New York for some R&R. I absolutely knew where to go for a quiet drink or boisterous restaurant camaraderie (depending on when you go).

We stopped by for a quick lunch right after checking in to our hotel. I remarked to my wife that on a previous business visit two weeks earlier, the indefatigable James was still behind the bar, doing what he does best – serving customers well and professionally. I was also served on that visit by the beguiling Danielle, who was happy to chat and fill me in on some of the local news.

On this visit, the delightful Blaise, another fetching addition to the Vezzo staff, served us. As always, we were served efficiently, professionally, and with a great big dollop of friendliness thrown in for good measure.

I had my usual – it’s that good I have it every time I’m at Vezzo – the hummus and the amazing beet salad. A charming French Rose was the perfect compliment to a wonderful hour or so.

Keep up the good work, Vezzo, I’ll be back as soon as I can.

• Visited March 2014