“Great enviroment”
Review of Sofrito

Sofrito
Reserve with OpenTable
Sofrito is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8,931 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Harlem
Transit: 4,5,6, N & R trains to 59th/Lexington.
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Great enviroment”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is definitely a must go to restaurant...good food, plenty of it & very tasty plus after 10 pm it turns into a Live Salsa Event & if ur lucky enough u may encounter a celebrity or 2...Enjoy...Buen Provecho...Peace ;-) :O

• Visited October 2012

“Vibrant atmosphere, awesome food!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely love Sofrito! My favorite dish is the rice with chicken. It is so flavorful and authentically made. It is freshly prepared and I always request a tad less salt in my dish. The drinks are awesome. The service is wonderful. The only draw back is that on Saturday nights the Happy Birthday song is performed by the waiters about 10 times! That's why I try to get to the restaurant by 6pm. Sofrito is one of my favorite spots in NYC!

• Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
“Didn't Like”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I went to Sofrito for the first time last week and I won't be going back. I always have issues with lighting and it is way too dark in there. I didn't appreciate that my drink came in a tiny small glass and I paid $14 for it...I was better off going to Dallas BBQs and getting a texas size drink. I also didn't appreciate how I was being rushed out of the restaurant. I know they needed the table for other people that was waiting to dine but they need to wait...no need to rush seated customers out of your establishment..I barely finished my food and the guy was coming around grabbing plates and I had to tell him to please put it back and that I wasn't done. Not that crazy about the food either...Just blah. I've had better Spanish food than this...Just not worth it for me.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank tammyfierce
Brooklyn, New York
“Gatta keep going back”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Great atmosphere, awesome food - The pernil is huge and delicious - it can easily feed four! Fun service and an over all great time. Keep going back with different friends and I am never disappointing.

• Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“As good as PR food gets... in Midtown anyway”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Came here when my friends were visiting from overseas. The location was definitely good for those who are shopping around Bloomingdale's area. We came on a week night around 5:30, so there were quite a few groups of people who apparently came from work. I had been to their sister restaurant Sazon Downtown previously, but I would say that you definitely have more space to move around in Sofrito which is always a plus. The ambiance was nice as well, a bit on the dark side if you asked me, so I can see it being a cool first date spot also if you don't mind the music. I mean, by no means it is TGIFriday's loudness, but it is definitely noticeable.

The staff were very attentive, which is another point that makes this a great tourist spot. I had the Ropa Vieja, the same dish I had a Sazon previously. Boring, I know, but it was just sooo tasty though one of my friends who had the same dish thought it was a bit salty but good nonetheless. My other friend had the Bistec Encebollado, but the meat was a bit dry. The maduro was definitely to die for here, a bit burnt and crispy on the edges just the way I like it.

As for price, I thought it was decent for the area. I'm sure it would be much cheaper for the same quality of food in the outer boroughs, but this is NYC so you always pay extra for the location. As if, your out-of-towner friends would want to waste their precious vacation time to trek all the way to the Bronx for some decent reasonably priced Latin food? Besides, the portion is HUGE, you could easily have a decent dinner and still have enough leftover for lunch the next day.

Overall, I would definitely recommend those who are shopping or visiting in the Midtown East area. For those who are coming from the West side, it is a bit of long walk but you can always take the M57 which leaves you right in front of the door.

• Visited October 2012