“gr8 portions/loud music”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sofrito

Sofrito
Reserve with OpenTable
Sofrito is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8,222 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Puerto Rican, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Harlem
Transit: 4,5,6, N & R trains to 59th/Lexington.
Newburgh, New York
“gr8 portions/loud music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

restaurant was well laid out, tables were a bit tight. The food portions were tremendous(unlike its' sister restaurant in White Plains). I think since the tables were so close together they played the music way too loud, which meant you were yelling across the table to your company. Would go there again, but would not order the roast pork again(way to big/way to much fat).

Visited December 2012

Patterson, New York, United States
“Fabulous!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Great service, friendly ,professional waiter (Eddie ), attentive mgr (William)!!!

Tasty food, generous
Portions

A home run!!!!

Brooklyn NY
“Before- great expectations, After - disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

After several people raved over Sofrito's in NYC I had to go a few weeks ago. Lets start off by saying that after making a reservation thru the web site I had to call 3 times to finally get a confirmation. Reservations start at 5 pm and we arrived a few minutes before with a lot of outher people and didnt get seated until 5:20. Our section had 4 tables, the waiter took 3 out of the 4 orders and disappeared for 10 minutes before coming back to take ours. We had a groupon which gives a discount for dining and presented it to the waiter. The dish I wanted was one dollar over the limit of the coupon and I offered to pay the difference which at that point I was turned down. What was worse, the person I went with ordered a dish 9 dollars under the coupon limit and the restaurant wasnt loosing anything on the deal. I then ordered steak with onions which was nothing to rave about. The calamari was very good along with the sangria. The other person ordered the pork chops with mofongo and that was very nice. After getting served our food, the waiter never came by to ask how we were doing or how the food was until he came over and asked if we wanted dessert. I ordered cafe con leche and was told the coffee machine was broken. I then asked for the check and was told that the credit card machine was down and they preferred cash. Also let me add, with all the speakers in the restaurant, the only Spanish music that was playing was upfront near the bar area. I have wriiten to the owner and manager and to this date never received a reply.

1 Thank TravelingCouple25
New York City, New York
“My Sofrito New York X-Perience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

iCelebrate Life!! On Sunday, November 18th, my friends and I went to this restaurant. First of all, Puerto Rico is one of my favorite islands. I was feeling LATIN on this day and wanted to eat some authentic Puerto Rican cuisine. My friend, recommended this place because she goes to the Reade Street location often, but the were closed on Sunday's. I went on your website and was very impressed.

We had the Crispy Whole Red Snapper w/Coconut Rice, Toastones, Sweet Plantains & Garlic Spinach. The food was DELICIOUS. The atmosphere was lively and fun! I was celebrating my birthday (10/27, delayed because of the Hurricane Sandy aftermath). The Waiters (all Good looking MEN), sang a great Latino rendition of Happy Birthday. It was so much FUN!!

I would definitely come again! Personally, I highly recommend this location.'

The Manager, Henry Torres came over to make sure we had a good time! Our waiter, Eduardo was the BEST!

Go have FUN! Enjoy!

On the beach
“Ordered roast pork, my plate looked like I got a whole pig!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Met up with an old friend who recommended Sofrito. The moment I walked in I liked it. It was lively and full of chatter, laughter and music but still exuded a relaxing atmosphere!! I ordered roast pork, pigeon peas and plantains. When my plate arrived, I could have sworn it was a roast suckling without the head :-) The guy by the next table came over to ask what I ordered - he said it looked impressive. The portion was gigantanormus, and I was expecting slices of pork!! Since I was departing NY the next day, I gave my friend the remainder to take home in a 'doggy' bag! I would definitely go there again for another pork serving :-)