“Authentic latin food!!”

Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Harlem
Transit: 4,5,6, N & R trains to 59th/Lexington.
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

This place was amazing. I have been there 3x and have been shocked evertime on how great the food is.. Great food, service,great drinks, great music. They have bands on certain nights playing salsa. The have private rooms/ cubicles for parties. I had my wifes bday party here in dec and was great!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I've been to Sofrito twice and both times the service was horrible! They get both the food and drink order wrong but charged me correctly and when you go and complain its an attitude.

Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I went to a dinner party which involved a pre fix menu. The food is overpriced for a Spanish restaurant, but I can understand the prime location which is fine. The drinks had plenty of alcohol and I appreciate it and that's where it ends.
The bathroom had 2 stalls and it's shared with staff who are having personal conversations on the phone. One of the employees had a sty in her eye which is a highly contagious condition. The bouncer was well dressed and professional until he began to dig in his belly button complaining of pain. Ughhhh!!!
The waiter had worse skills than a diner waiter. After the appetizers, he never removed the appetizer dishes and began to serve the next course of food. We were forced to stack up the dishes in order to make room. Water wasn't appropriately refilled. The main course's cutlery were literally thrown on the table. I had to laugh for that btw. The dishes were not removed from the right of the person. The waiter reached across 2 and 3 people to remove a dish. I have plenty more to say, but you get the idea. No class. They really have a lot to go. Boy, oh boy!!!!! Good Luck!!!!

1  Thank claudia3283
Reviewed September 7, 2012

If you want to dress up and eat out try going to Sofrito. The ambiance is just right for casual or elegant dinning. The service is impeccable for a party of 2 or 16 as we had. The hostess Samantha was absolutely comforting as we waited for the entire party to arrive. The entire staff is above and beyond our expectations. Grest place to go and we will definitely return,

Reviewed September 6, 2012

The food was delicious and the ambiance is great. Best paella I've ever had!! We went on a Wednesday evening at 6:30, right before a flood of people. This is a very popular place. It was a nice experience and I'd return.