“Over priced for average food”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Ranked #10,747 of 15,322 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: In Manhattan in 1965, there was no place where people could go out to meet friends and make new ones in an environment that was at once both relaxed and yet exciting. Then, Alan Stillman opened Fridays as a way, he said, "to meet Pan Am stewardesses." Suddenly, there was a place with great food, new and exciting drinks and an electric energy. A place where bartenders mixed the environment just as well as they mixed drinks. In short, a place like nowhere else. Today, Fridays in New York, NY is still America's most iconic bar and grill. We embrace and celebrate our heritage as a bar. One that just happens to serve killer food in an environment where it's always Friday.
Reviewed January 21, 2020

I know to expect to pay more in New York but $5 for a soda, $20 for a bacon cheeseburger and just over $20 for a chicken sandwich. The burger barely had bacon and was small. The location was convenient for our visit. The service was good.

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (95)

Reviewed November 23, 2019

We came here for food and drinks. We were told there was a wait of 20 mins which was ok. The whole place is packed in too tight. We waited at the bar and were asked after about 5 minutes if we want a drink, we ordered two soft drinks. About 10 minutes later we assumed the lady had totally forgot, again this was fine we could wait. We were called for a table and went upstairs. We were shown to a table that had no room around it. My chair was back to back with the lady behind. We sat down, browsed the menus and decided what we wanted. We were sat for around 20 minutes before deciding to leave due to no one even acknowledging us or taking our order. We’d had a really long day and were ready for food. The slow and non existent service made us feel let down and resulted in us walking out.

Reviewed November 15, 2019

We got a table for 2 in a NARROW space with not much room to spare and ordered some drinks - the waiter came with our drinks after a good 15 minute wait and took our dinner order.

My wife wanted to change out the mashed potatoes with sweet potato fries and THIS was were things went wrong.

We waited, waited..waited and waited some more and after 35 minutes the waiter came to our table and said the food was coming soon. After another 15 minute wait we flaged her down and asked what was the deal with the food.

She said the kitchen had mistaken the order and prepared mashed potatoes instead of the SPF and they were working on it now. Before I could say "At least make sure the other dinner didn't get overcooked" she was gone for the day.

A new waiter came with our dinner and when I cut into my steak I almost had to stand up to cut into it - it was like cutting into the bottom of a shoe. I managed to get a bite and I WAS RIGHT, the meat was over cooked and HARD !

We flagged down the new waiter and explained the issue, that since the kitchen got the order wrong they put every item order in a heating cabinet and let it stay there until the fries were finished.

The new waiter said that the was nothing wrong with the met and it's cause of the type of meat I ordered and how I wanted it cooked that it was the way it was

By that time I was in a bad mood and the waiter wouldn't listen at all, after a lecture on how and why the meat was the way it was he asked if I wanted anther meat - I said I didn't want to wait another 45 minutes for a lackluster meal he said he could rush the kitchen.

He came back 10 minutes later with another meat, it was better but still it wasn't quite what I was expecting.

My wife ordred a medium plus meat that also turned into medium well/dry after sitting an extra 8 minutes n the heating cabinet.

I'd stay clear of this place !

Reviewed November 6, 2019

We were expecting burgers & fries, but were pleasantly surprised by the service & food, the steaks were succulent juicy & delicious

Reviewed October 31, 2019

I stopped in for lunch; I hadn't had the Jack Daniels chicken strips is a long time. I think they have improved the recipe; they were better than I recall. I also had a good server.

Date of visit: October 2019