“Yum!”

Ranked #15 of 478 Dessert in New York City
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed December 13, 2015

Customer service was great and it's just such a cool concept. I had the banana and nutella ice cream with strawberries and teddy grahams on top. I wish that they had thrown some more of those toppings on there but overall the ice cream was really good and I would go back.

1  Thank Mailoha

Reviewed November 13, 2015 via mobile

I finally got around to trying 10below and I didn't have to wait an insane amount of time. I've been wanting to try it for a while, just to see what all the hype was about. But when I heard people were waiting 1+ hours, I thought - forget it! I don't need the ice cream that badly!

Until one day, my coworkers and I decided to go check it out, and there happened to be a pretty short line. Do you want to know what the trick is? Go at around 2:30 or so. It's after the lunch crowd has left, but before the after-school crowd shows up. I only waited about 20 minutes between ordering and actually getting my ice cream.

I ordered the I Love You A Latte, which has Vietnamese coffee and condensed milk. I really liked it. You get to pick the toppings you want (which are unlimited, unlike at Juicy Spot, where it'll add up).

While I did enjoy my ice cream, the only way I would come back is if there was another short line. I don't think I'd be willing to wait any longer than 20 minutes for it. Plus, at $7, it's pretty pricey for ice cream. Then again, it's more for the experience. It's definitely fun watching them make the ice cream. It'll make you feel like a kid again.

1  Thank Melanie T
Reviewed November 9, 2015

My daughter had heard about this place and we gave it a try. We timed it just right as we got there, within 10 mins the line was out the door. There is 3 stations and they make icecream on a round circle 10 below disc. You pick your flavor and they put your name on a cup, they call you and you can photo them or video tape them making what starts as liquid to solid icecream in front of your eyes. Really cool. We had the smores, I though it could have used more chocolate but still was very good, and when done you add whatever toppings you want, we did roasted marshmallow and graham crackers.

Its a fun whimsical place to go and the icecream is good too. Its on Motts Street Through China town,way down on the left hand side below street level.

1  Thank 46oceangirl
Reviewed September 14, 2015 via mobile

The ice cream and show...watching the unique method of preparation was fun! It was delicious as well. It was a 45 -50 minute wait. Fun to do once, but probably not again. They basically re-freeze a thin layer of liquid ice cream chopped up with other ingredient and roll it up with a scraper. Try to go off hours if possible.

1  Thank Michael P
Reviewed September 1, 2015

I went on a Tuesday at 3:30pm, and the line was not too bad - about 15 people in front of me, and the wait was 45 minutes. It was because it took about 5 minutes for them to make each person's order, and I have to say it was quite an interesting performance. The ice cream itself (I had the Cookie Monster which is basically cookies and cream) isn't out of this world, but to see it turn from a cup of cream to these Thai-style ice cream rolls was pretty magical. Now, had the wait been more than 45 minutes, I probably wouldn't say it was worth it, and I would probably just go back in the winter months. However, if you've got time, it's definitely worth a try, just because.

1  Thank mikitruax