“La Petite Abeille/ Chelsea-Manhattan”
Review of Petite Abeille

Petite Abeille
Ranked #1,993 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Belgian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Reviewed January 20, 2014

It was a cold sunday morning. We headed for breakfast to this cozy restaurant. We ordered a waffle with strawberries and omelette parisienne. The waffle was cold with the strawberries and strawberry sauce and whipped cream. The omelette was nicely done. The coffee was very good and our server made sure we could have refills.
The service was good.
I still did not understand why the waffle was cold till I left the place and at the outside restaurant window I saw a few waffles on a tray already prepared and waiting for the next customer order.
The atmosphere felt kind of french.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My family and I had dinner at La Petite Abeille before attending a performance of the Radio City Christmas Spectacular.

We greatly enjoyed the food and atmosphere and wished we'd had time to linger a little longer in the Belgian-themed restaurant.

Look at the menu on the website before you visit, but most people should find something to their taste in this W 17th st. eatery between 5th & 6th ave.

We all enjoyed our meals, opting for the pork medallions, salmon burger and mac & cheese.

The mac & cheese was arguably the most surprising, and was judged by all of our party as the best take on this favourite ever!

If perhaps lacking in space, this restaurant is certainly not short on charm, panache and taste. You must try the waffles!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We loved everything we had, from potatoes to waffles, from an egg sandwich to the coffee. The service was good, staff friendly, and food excellent.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

They have several locations in Manhattan. I always make an effort to visit while in NYC, they have the best strawberry waffles. Recommend going during the week, can get very crowded on the weekends.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

If you go for a weekend brunch be prepared for a long wait. It took over an hour to seat us, a party of three, around noon on a Sunday. The place is small, packed, and the host/hostess may not be the most personable as they are quite busy. However, our waiter more than made up for it and the waffles make it all worth while. We ordered omelets which were good but nothing extraordinary, at this point I couldn't quite figure out why the fuss and the wait. Then came the waffles and it all made sense. I've eaten at Waffles and Dinges, Clinton St Bakery, and other notable brunch spots in town but these truly are the best I've had in the city: fluffy, light, and fresh. I was instantly transported back to a cafe in Belgium. And if you like thick, chocolaty, smooth coffee the mocchachino is divine! If you do decide to grab a bite here make sure at least one of them is a mouthful of their waffles!