4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$343
Renaissance Hotels$343
Hotels.com$343
Priceline$343
eDreams$343
ZenHotels.com$409
1,257 results
All reviews planet fitness penn station madison square garden skyline view times square new york statue of liberty bagels the room was nice empire state building definitely stay here again king room location was perfect few blocks rooftop bar central park marriott
Selected filters
Reviewed August 2, 2019 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for 20 nights on July 2019.
I would like to advise who ever is booking this hotel to check the lock at the room very carefully!!! The lock at my room didn’t close properly and one night a strange man entered my room at 2AM and went into my shower to do number 1!! I woke up due to the noise and had to fight him out of the room. After this shocking experience to which I received a branch voucher of $50 from the management, I experienced another unpleasant situation when my daughter AirPods “disappeared” from our room and the manger Mishka doesn’t think we should be reimbursed for this since no body saw it prior to the event according to her words although the cleaning lady told me she remember she saw it.
Very disappointing experience especially for a long and expensive stay!! I wouldn’t recommend my friends to stay in a place that cannot take responsibility or know what customer service is.

4  Thank sarahbU6531DN
JustinE328, Manager at Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2019

Good day sarahbU6531DN and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. First off, let me start by apologizing for any issues you encountered during your stay with us. Our team prides itself on providing first rate accommodations and even better service, and we have obviously missed the mark in regards to your experience with us. With that being said, I would like to clarify some points in your review. Once being advised of a potential security breach our team immediately conducted a thorough and detailed investigation which the results were shared with you, indicating there was no issue with your guestroom door as the safety and security of our guests will always remain our number one priority. Thank you again for your feedback. Take care. -Justin Ellison, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

I just returned from an overnight trip into the city where I celebrated my daughter’s 19th birthday, and I cannot say enough about this hotel. Living on Long Island, we come in frequently, and stay at many different hotels, but we have finally found our go to hotel! The staff are fantastic, including Zania, (I hope I got the spelling correct) who checked us in and was so extremely pleasant! The rooms were clean, modern, and the view from the 22nd floor was amazing! Thank you for a wonderful stay, and we cannot wait to return!

2  Thank cush870
JustinE328, Manager at Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2019

Hello cush870 and thank you for the review! As we pride ourselves on creating a memorable experience, it is wonderful to hear our convenient location, well equipped guest rooms, and, most importantly, excellent staff service all provided a memorable visit. We look forward to welcoming you again the next time you visit NYC. Take care. -Justin Ellison, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 27, 2019

Good location, cleanliness/maintenance is questionable -when they finally moved us into a diff room due to clogged bath tub for 3 nights that would fill up to our ankles (maintenance came 3x to 'fix' it), my friend and I both got bit by something and this is the first time ever that I have a permanent mark on my leg from being bit by some kind of (hotel) bug. Didn't see any flying around the room so must be hidden in the bed??The worst part was the tub not draining and the female manager suggested we use the shower in the gym next door b/c they didn't have rooms available -wtf?? Not worth the price per night! One front desk guy was nice enough to give us vouchers to use at the restaurant, but still, trying to take a shower and water that won't drain at all Eww I'd rather not have a voucher.

Room tip: Get a shower not a tub
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank PK S

Good day PK S and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. First off, let me start by apologizing for any issues you encountered during your stay with us. Our team prides itself on providing first rate accommodations and even better service, and we have obviously missed the mark in regards to your experience with us. With that being said, I would like to clarify some points in your review. Upon receiving the report of pests in your room, we had a full inspection done to ensure there was nothing present, which was confirmed by our engineering team. My staff did provide follow up, and continues to do so, in response to your inquiries. We had a professional pest company come in to investigate the room you stayed in, as well as the two rooms to either side, and the room above and below it. The results of that inspection came back negative for pests as well. Had anything been discovered, we would report it to you immediately as we are required to do by policy. Once again my apologies for any discomfort you encountered, and my thanks for giving us your feedback. Take care.

Reviewed July 22, 2019

We loved our stay at this hotel. The staff were always friendly and helpful. The room was very modern and comfortable. Loved the view, and the location was perfect. Very close to the subway and train station. We never had a chance to try the concierge lounge for food, but did grab water there a few times. At check in we were told they had a rooftop lounge we could go to, but when we tried to we were told it was closed for cleaning after a private event. We were also there during the Midtown blackout which meant our food in the refrigerator was ruined but luckily our room never got too hot.

The first night we noticed that the chain was broken on the room darkening shade and it could not be pulled down. My husband called the front desk and they had someone immediately come and fix it. Same immediate response when we requested towels. Bed was very comfortable, safe is in the room, plenty of closet hangers and small but adequate counter space in the bathroom. The only thing we wish we would have known is that there was an entrance/exit on 34th street as well. An employee told us that as we were leaving (giving us the quickest way to the train station). That would have saved some walking time on all our other days.

Overall it was one of the better hotel experiences we have had and we would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank azmom99

Hi azmom99and thank you for the review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our well designed guest rooms and service provided by our team! However sorry to hear that you were unable to experience our rooftop due to a private event and for the challenges you experienced with the blackout shade in your guestroom. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate members of my team to ensure that proper corrective action occurs and this was an isolated occurrence. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your future travels to NYC. Take care. -Justin Ellison, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

I just completed a stay at the Renaissance and it was wonderful. The room was clean and a decent size for NYC. It was very very hot in NYC and the staff was great about handing out bottled water. The location couldn’t be better for travelers using Penn Station. It was also surprisingly quiet. The elevators are all computerized which was a bit freaky since once inside there were no buttons to press. A special shout out to Guy at the bell hop station who helped arrange a private driver for us. He took care of all the details, treated my family and me like royalty and everything went like clockwork!

2  Thank NYUpstatefromMI

Hello NYUpstatefromMI and thank you for your review! I am delighted to hear we provided a great first impression and that you enjoyed our central location in the heart of midtown Manhattan! We appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit NYC. Take care. - Justin Ellison, Assistant General Manager