3 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 12/16/21
Renaissance Hotels
$299
Free cancellation until 12/16/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com$349
Priceline$349
ZenHotels.com$420
1,257 results
All reviews planet fitness penn station madison square garden skyline view times square new york statue of liberty bagels the room was nice empire state building definitely stay here again king room location was perfect few blocks rooftop bar central park marriott
Selected filters
Reviewed July 27, 2019

Good location, cleanliness/maintenance is questionable -when they finally moved us into a diff room due to clogged bath tub for 3 nights that would fill up to our ankles (maintenance came 3x to 'fix' it), my friend and I both got bit by something and this is the first time ever that I have a permanent mark on my leg from being bit by some kind of (hotel) bug. Didn't see any flying around the room so must be hidden in the bed??The worst part was the tub not draining and the female manager suggested we use the shower in the gym next door b/c they didn't have rooms available -wtf?? Not worth the price per night! One front desk guy was nice enough to give us vouchers to use at the restaurant, but still, trying to take a shower and water that won't drain at all Eww I'd rather not have a voucher.

Room tip: Get a shower not a tub
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank PK S
JustinE328, Manager at Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2019

Good day PK S and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. First off, let me start by apologizing for any issues you encountered during your stay with us. Our team prides itself on providing first rate accommodations and even better service, and we have obviously missed the mark in regards to your experience with us. With that being said, I would like to clarify some points in your review. Upon receiving the report of pests in your room, we had a full inspection done to ensure there was nothing present, which was confirmed by our engineering team. My staff did provide follow up, and continues to do so, in response to your inquiries. We had a professional pest company come in to investigate the room you stayed in, as well as the two rooms to either side, and the room above and below it. The results of that inspection came back negative for pests as well. Had anything been discovered, we would report it to you immediately as we are required to do by policy. Once again my apologies for any discomfort you encountered, and my thanks for giving us your feedback. Take care.

Reviewed July 22, 2019

We loved our stay at this hotel. The staff were always friendly and helpful. The room was very modern and comfortable. Loved the view, and the location was perfect. Very close to the subway and train station. We never had a chance to try the concierge lounge for food, but did grab water there a few times. At check in we were told they had a rooftop lounge we could go to, but when we tried to we were told it was closed for cleaning after a private event. We were also there during the Midtown blackout which meant our food in the refrigerator was ruined but luckily our room never got too hot.

The first night we noticed that the chain was broken on the room darkening shade and it could not be pulled down. My husband called the front desk and they had someone immediately come and fix it. Same immediate response when we requested towels. Bed was very comfortable, safe is in the room, plenty of closet hangers and small but adequate counter space in the bathroom. The only thing we wish we would have known is that there was an entrance/exit on 34th street as well. An employee told us that as we were leaving (giving us the quickest way to the train station). That would have saved some walking time on all our other days.

Overall it was one of the better hotel experiences we have had and we would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank azmom99

Hi azmom99and thank you for the review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our well designed guest rooms and service provided by our team! However sorry to hear that you were unable to experience our rooftop due to a private event and for the challenges you experienced with the blackout shade in your guestroom. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate members of my team to ensure that proper corrective action occurs and this was an isolated occurrence. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your future travels to NYC. Take care. -Justin Ellison, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

I just completed a stay at the Renaissance and it was wonderful. The room was clean and a decent size for NYC. It was very very hot in NYC and the staff was great about handing out bottled water. The location couldn’t be better for travelers using Penn Station. It was also surprisingly quiet. The elevators are all computerized which was a bit freaky since once inside there were no buttons to press. A special shout out to Guy at the bell hop station who helped arrange a private driver for us. He took care of all the details, treated my family and me like royalty and everything went like clockwork!

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank NYUpstatefromMI

Hello NYUpstatefromMI and thank you for your review! I am delighted to hear we provided a great first impression and that you enjoyed our central location in the heart of midtown Manhattan! We appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit NYC. Take care. - Justin Ellison, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 19, 2019

Everything was wonderful here - from check in to check out. All personnel were extremely helpful, pleasant and courteous. A hiccup was the keyless entry didn't work all the time and then my room key stopped working. Our room was wonderful, the view terrific. I will say that the food at the club could have been a tad better. The warm apps weren't so warm. Maybe a warmer near by. They ran out of clean silverware - used plastic until they were cleaned. Also, having the same food all the time (except for one or two items) became boring. Loved the room service menu's name. Loved the hang tag for breakfasts name. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank BarbaraSS

Hi BarbaraSS and thank you for the review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our well designed guest rooms and service provided by our team! However sorry to hear about your experience in the Club Lounge provided by your status within the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of launching our new menu in the Club Lounge for the duration of the summer. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your future travels to NYC. Take care. -Justin Ellison, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 18, 2019

The Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel far exceeded my expectation. The hotel was modern and very welcoming. The check-in process was fast and staff was very pleasant during my staff. My city view king sized room was outstanding. The room was emaculant and house keeping did an outstanding job daily keeping the hotel and my room very inviting and emaculant. It was great coming back to the hotel every night to my room. The bell boy, bartender and staff throughout the hotel were all very pleasant and professional. The security at the hotel was very efficient and I felt safe returning the the hotel every evening. I like that you need your room access car to access the elevator.

The location of the hotel far exceeded my expectation. 3 minutes from Penn Station and minutes from all the various subway lines one would need to get around the city. From JFK terminal 8, I took the JFK air train ($5) and Long Island Railroad ($7.50) and arrived at Penn Station in about 40 minutes. Penn Station has and is undergoing a full makeover. I was surprised to see how beautiful and safe Penn Station is now compared to years past. There is a strong police present in Penn Station and the homeless problem from years past was not visible.

There are numerous dinning options near the hotel and my favorite bagel shop (Best Bagel & Coffee) is located across the street from the hotel.

The Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel will be my new go to hotel. I look forward to my next stay in November.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank garod2204

Hello garod2204 and thank you for your review! I am delighted to hear we provided a great first impression and that you enjoyed our central location in the heart of midtown Manhattan! We appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit NYC. Take care. - Justin Ellison, Assistant General Manager