4 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 12/16/21
Renaissance Hotels
$299
Free cancellation until 12/16/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com$349
Priceline$349
eDreams$349
1,257 results
All reviews planet fitness penn station madison square garden skyline view times square new york statue of liberty bagels the room was nice empire state building definitely stay here again king room location was perfect few blocks rooftop bar central park marriott
Selected filters
Reviewed July 2, 2019

This isn’t a business hotel, really, but it’s got easy access to Penn Station for an overnight stay and a quick meeting before back to the train. Well appointed rooms, comfy bed. Great HVAC. Lively bar scene. Helpful staff. I attended a meeting in the hotel as well and the room and amenities were terrific. Beautiful space with lots of light. Good for a board meeting.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank 20RobS
Reviewed July 1, 2019

We stayed at this hotel for 8 nights. The check-in was fast (we arrived at the hotel around 23:30) even though the entrance to the hotel can be a bit difficult to find if looking for the hotel on Google Maps. We were welcomed with a voucher for two drinks as we were visiting New York for our honeymoon which was a nice touch. We booked a Standard King Room on the 13th level, the room was nice, clean and big enough. The view was great as well. We had issues with the noise, the air-con units making a buzzing noise. We have complained to the front desk for in each of the first two mornings and after being shown other Standard King Rooms at different levels and sides of the hotel that seemed to have the same noise issues we decided to stay in the original room. We were asked to pay for an upgrade as a solution even though we were happy with the room but not the noise which we declined as the solution seemed exaggerated. The first person we spoke to on the Front Desk can do with a bit of training, he was not very good at speaking with customers. The rest of the people we have dealt with were nice and much much better at speaking with a customer. We have however made a written complain and on our third morning and by the evening we were upgraded to a Skyline Suite with 1.5 bathrooms on the 36th floor and we were given a $30 voucher to use at the Versa restaurant. The suite was much quieter (not completely quiet), so we could sleep much better for the rest of the nights. The upgrade was a nice touch after all the haggling.

The WiFi is fast, the Smart TVs can be used with Netflix, the toiletries are from & Aveda.

Ice machines can be found on different levels. You can ask for slippers and bathrobes plus bottled water from the Front Desk.

The rooms have many USBs so you won't need a convertor.

Beware that the area is quite noisy so if you're a first time visiter you might have issues especially if you're a light sleeper even though the hotel is advertised as soundproofed. The area is great to get to all the parts of Manhattan.

Room tip: Beware of the A/C unit noise from the building and the surrounding buildings
4  Thank georgian_london
Reviewed June 24, 2019

Every detail about our stay was absolutely perfect. We booked the balcony skyline suite but we were upgraded to the Empire Suite, which was a beautifully appointed room with every amenity we could ever need (including a pool table!). The service was excellent from the bell staff and the front desk, to the engineers helping us with any questions we had about the room, and everyone we interacted seemed eager to help. They also brought us prosecco and macarons after checking in, what a great touch! Thank you so much to the staff at Renaissance Midtown for taking care of us on this very special day!

2  Thank Johanna M
Reviewed June 23, 2019

Perfect location, near everything, Subways, eateries etc. Staff very friendly and helpful, hotel has superb facilities, rooms are excellent, with amazing views. Restaurant has excellent views of NYC, as does the bar. Will definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Skisnotboards
Reviewed June 20, 2019

I chose this hotel after (1) receiving a glowing report from my friend of her stay last year and (2) my experience of the Renaissance brand from the truly exceptional Phuket property.

There's no doubt that the hotel is fantastically located, within a stones throw of Penn Station, Macy's and 2 subway lines; it is modern and stylish; the lifts are not as horrid as some reviewers claim; the bar and restaurant are pleasant environments; Aveda toiletries are way better than the usual Marriott provisions; rooms are nice enough but typically NYC small; the Club Lounge is an oasis of calm (but note that the usual lounge alcoholic drinks are not offered here, and at the weekend it really is just a coffee machine and a fridge of soft drinks, no food, not even a cookie).

My disappointment stems from a variety of service let-downs and the absence of any real acknowledgement of my Marriott Bonvoy Titanium status. I've raised the multiple issues with Justin Elliott and apparently they are 'being looked in to'.

I chose this hotel over the Ritz Carlton and JW Marriott Essex House to splash my hard earned Bonvoy points, as I anticipated that I'd be treated really well - and surely better to be treated brilliantly in a less good hotel than indifferently in a better one. After staying at The Renaissance, I regret my decision, even more so on realising that there are Marriott group hotels in a similar location for a lot less points - it was the worst of both worlds, 'expensive' but without the 'value'. Prior to this stay I would have recommended & chosen Renaissance hotel without hesitation - now I'd not be so confident.

What a shame.......

2  Thank Debbie8115
JustinE328, Manager at Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2019

Hello Debbie8115, I am sorry to hear we did not deliver to your expectations. This is not certainly not the level of service we provide to our valued guests, nor typical of the feedback our guests have shared with us in the past. I do apologize for any inconvenience and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back and provide an expontentailly improved experience. Take care. -Justin Ellison, Assistant General Manager