3 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 12/16/21
Renaissance Hotels
$299
Free cancellation until 12/16/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com$349
Priceline$349
ZenHotels.com$420
1,257 results
All reviews planet fitness penn station madison square garden skyline view times square new york statue of liberty bagels the room was nice empire state building definitely stay here again king room location was perfect few blocks rooftop bar central park marriott
Selected filters
Reviewed June 23, 2019

Perfect location, near everything, Subways, eateries etc. Staff very friendly and helpful, hotel has superb facilities, rooms are excellent, with amazing views. Restaurant has excellent views of NYC, as does the bar. Will definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Skisnotboards
Reviewed June 20, 2019

I chose this hotel after (1) receiving a glowing report from my friend of her stay last year and (2) my experience of the Renaissance brand from the truly exceptional Phuket property.

There's no doubt that the hotel is fantastically located, within a stones throw of Penn Station, Macy's and 2 subway lines; it is modern and stylish; the lifts are not as horrid as some reviewers claim; the bar and restaurant are pleasant environments; Aveda toiletries are way better than the usual Marriott provisions; rooms are nice enough but typically NYC small; the Club Lounge is an oasis of calm (but note that the usual lounge alcoholic drinks are not offered here, and at the weekend it really is just a coffee machine and a fridge of soft drinks, no food, not even a cookie).

My disappointment stems from a variety of service let-downs and the absence of any real acknowledgement of my Marriott Bonvoy Titanium status. I've raised the multiple issues with Justin Elliott and apparently they are 'being looked in to'.

I chose this hotel over the Ritz Carlton and JW Marriott Essex House to splash my hard earned Bonvoy points, as I anticipated that I'd be treated really well - and surely better to be treated brilliantly in a less good hotel than indifferently in a better one. After staying at The Renaissance, I regret my decision, even more so on realising that there are Marriott group hotels in a similar location for a lot less points - it was the worst of both worlds, 'expensive' but without the 'value'. Prior to this stay I would have recommended & chosen Renaissance hotel without hesitation - now I'd not be so confident.

What a shame.......

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie8115
JustinE328, Manager at Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2019

Hello Debbie8115, I am sorry to hear we did not deliver to your expectations. This is not certainly not the level of service we provide to our valued guests, nor typical of the feedback our guests have shared with us in the past. I do apologize for any inconvenience and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back and provide an expontentailly improved experience. Take care. -Justin Ellison, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed June 18, 2019

New York City hotels are such poor values. You pay a lot and don't get much in return. Absolutely nothing stands out as particularly positive about this hotel. Maybe it's location in midtown, but that's it. Business travel stay, won't return.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank nmhen
JustinE328, Manager at Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2019

Hello nmhen, I am sorry to hear we did not deliver to your expectations. This is not certainly not the level of service we provide to our valued guests, nor typical of the feedback our guests have shared with us in the past. I do apologize for any inconvenience. Take care. -Justin Ellison, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed June 18, 2019

As a Marriott Titanium I have high expectations on quality and service. As a very frequent hotel guest in New York i do not. This hotel is a gem. Unlike its large sister properties such as the Marriott Times square or Sheraton, this hotel delivers on every level. A quieter calmer and much prettier version of the other big city tourist destinations. From the friendly check in, to the wonderful restaurant to the beautifully decorated rooms to the perfect location ( across street from Macys and Starbucks)quiet serene yet lovely executive club, this is the place for you to stay. As I was writing this review, the hotel guest services manager Natasha was able to come through on securing the points for my stay. This is how a hotel should be and if you want to stay midtown, this is the place to stay. Take it from one who is picky about hotels!!

Room tip: rooms away from elevators are best
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank ltravel
Reviewed June 13, 2019

The positive part: The room was ok, functional. The common areas of the hotel good, the location excellent.
The negative part: They stole money from the safe. We made the claim, they promised to give us an answer and, OBVIOUSLY, they did not give us ANY TYPE OF ANSWER.
Recommendation: find another hotel, if this seems good in relation to price-quality, make no mistake, it is more expensive than it says.

Room tip: Buscar otro hotel
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Adbren
JustinE328, Manager at Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2019

Hi Adbrenand thank you for sharing your concern. I can assure you the integrity of our guest valuables and their belongings is of the highest importance, and we handle all claims with sincere and diligent care. I do apologize as such accusations do take time to research and validate, and thorough and detailed investigation is required. I am confident our Claims department will handle your incident accordingly. Additionally, all of our guest rooms are equipped with a safe for our guest to secure their valuables and personalize with her/his own unique code. Thank you again for your feedback. Take care. -Justin Ellison, Assistant General Manager