Tripadvisor
New York City
Open today: 9:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Review Highlights
Deceptive looks and prices, but we enjoyed it

I found a deal for spa admission & a facial at Premier 57 in NYC. My friend & I went on a weekend... read more

Reviewed July 8, 2019
Mdgrl79
Phoenix, Arizona
This place sucks! Premiere what??...

Reviewed January 20, 2020

from $46.89
from $43.41
from $64.00
More Info
All reviews bade pools different areas therapy reflexology soil manhattan passes
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Looks nice but that’s about it. Why do you come here.....to relax and enjoy yourself. First all of the water treatments are not anywhere near the temperature they need to be. Warm tub is 100 degrees and the hot tub is 101 degrees and it’s clearly displayed....I guess the “technicians” there don’t have working eyes??? Next the cold pool is ......84 DEGREES.... I mean a fountain in the building lobby would be more refreshing! The sauna feels like a nice balmy fall day, seriously it’s either broken (but since there is no sign stating that so I guess it’s because they suck here). Also all of the clocks in these said rooms are just decorations and don’t work so forget about timing anything. Now I will say the steam room was okay but 1 Mark in the win column is not enough. There is a nice “social” pool area for people to get trashed in luke warm water....it’s like watching the future wave of geriatric Americans getting started early in the water therapy aerobics pool so there’s that I guess. The sauna rooms upstairs are actually quite okay, I will say the cold room was neat but it was actually warmer than the outdoor weather so that just seems sad. But like I said the co-ed upstairs rooms are okay and appear relaxing but all of the self absorbed people who are there for the perfect selfie or to cackle with their girlfriends are rampant. So that’s where the staff comes in right....wrong...they are either just netflixing or disney+ing or just carrying on their own conversations to do a basic job of regulating and upholding some basic spa rules.... not to mention no upper management in sight so that’s a good business model. The locker area has no amenities outside a hair dryer, cheap products, and some quality q-tips. But there is 1 sink!! for everyone that there were some staff brushing their teeth in. Basically this place falls short on every front or where it’s good there are lots of lousy people with no supervision. The place looks premiere-ish but there is no pride here. And $75 bucks...are you kidding me??? maybe $40...

Now why should you be listening to me.....I’ve been going to spas, hot springs, bathhouses all around the world for about 30 years of my life so I am well versed. Stay away, find something else, save the money, or just crank the shower in tour hotel with essential oils and you should be good!

Premiere 57 needs to think about what they have done.

Date of experience: January 2020
2  Thank toddbsmith6
Reviewed November 10, 2019

From the moment you walk off the elevator you start to feel transported away from the hustle and bustle that is manhattan. Once you finish checking in, you head to the locker room where your shoes are to be shed and safely locked away before you can enter. Once in the locker room your greeted by a friendly, helpful, attentive staffer. She (of course I was in the ladies locker room) will ask if you have visited before and if you haven't she will take the time to explain everything about the facility. In fact if staffing allows for it, a tour of the women's only locker/shower/jacuzzi's/steam/sauna room area will be given. Once your shown about your given a large towel (unlike the small 1'x2' you used to be given) and a nice comfy robe to wear around over your bathing suit (unlike the awkward extra large shorts and t-shirt you used to be give). This is the number one best upgrade the new management brought in (besides a better staff). Maybe next will be the addition of slippers? The facility is over all very clean everywhere. I have to give a shout out to the first locker room attendant who helped me out, unfortunately I have forgotten her name (my visit was Tues 11/5/19 and the time was 1:30pm) also a major shout out to the locker room manager, who I could tell right away was a wonderful manager. (Same date but later with the closing/evening shift) sorry I forgot your name too. I will be back.. and as always look forward to doing so!!

Date of experience: November 2019
1  Thank ShortButSweetStuff
Reviewed November 9, 2019

Customer Service at Premier 57 is absolutely unacceptable. I purchased a gift card one week ago and did not receive the voucher in my e-mail. I've called multiple times every day and frequently no one even answers the phone. I can't leave a message because the inbox is full. On the rare occasion that someone does answer the call, I'm told that I am not able to be transferred to someone who can actually help me with my missing voucher, and that someone will call me back. I have never received a call back.
Eventually, after 5 days, I spoke with someone who did pass on my information and I received the voucher in my email. However, the Voucher Holder's name is incorrect, leaving me with a practically useless voucher. Now I'm back to square one, and it has been a week since. I purchased this gift card as a GIFT and am unable to deliver it to the recipient! It has been 7 days! I called yesterday, spoke with someone who said they would send a new voucher, and of course, have not received it. When I called today, it took me 15 CALLS TO EVEN SPEAK TO SOMEONE. When finally answered and I asked to speak with a manager, I was told to leave my name and number and someone would call me back. I am still waiting for this phone call to be returned.
I would NEVER purchase or visit Premier 57 based on this awful experience.

Date of experience: November 2019
1  Thank workmanalyson
Reviewed September 26, 2019

I have Candida nails after them.

U can not bring your flip flops, must buy from them_extra money.

I called to bbb and attorney.

They have to be closed soon.

Date of experience: August 2019
3  Thank Yanina R
Reviewed September 8, 2019

This spa is a complete disaster. They don't tell you where to go to get changed or where the spa services are located. But that is just the tip of it. The prices are extremely deceptive and we were forced to pay multiple additional charges for a sub-optimal experience. The manager did NOT address our issues whatsoever. This experience almost ruined our trip and we were really ripped off. I would not recommend this spa to my worst enemy.

Date of experience: September 2019