“Yummy yummy Thai food, best in the area”
Review of Cafetasia - CLOSED

Cafetasia
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I really like cafetasia. My cousin took me there a while back and I loved it. It was my first time eating Thai. I'm hooked for life. Try the garlic pepper chicken and the chicken and shrimp shumai. Lunch special are excellent. I just got take-out this week. Fantastic. Best Thai inthe neighborhood.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Ok, so the food certainly is not expensive. The quality is OK and the portions are large, so there's value for your dining dollar.

But... the seating is most communal along long tables, cheek to cheek with strangers. The service is rushed and our order was inaccurate. The noisy level rivals a subway train, so you better be able to lip read.

If you're over 25, stay away. If you're young and like a lot of energy, it might be for you.

PS: The "early bird" special for $11 is a lot of food for little money

Reviewed September 27, 2013

What a surprise. Great food at unbelievable prices. We went for the "Happy Hour" from 4 pm to 7 pm, where you get an appetizer (I had spring rolls) a main entree (mine was a fantastic Pad Thai) and choice choice of drinks including beer and wine, all for $ 11.00. We left very full and satisfied and I have been raving about this place ever since.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Reasonable prices, good food in sufficient quantity. Tasty and spicy.
Cocktails are a great plus.
Will go back next time in New York city.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We enjoyed our food at this reasonably priced restaurant near the NYU campus. There is a selection of small, medium, large and extra large plates plus an interesting cocktail menu. We used a Groupon for our meal and overall we were pleased with the friendly, prompt service and sharp, interesting flavours. The restaurant draws on Japanese, Chinese, Thai and Indian flavors and the end result is pleasing. One warning, though: this is a very noisy place and its difficult to hear people even when they are sitting next to you or opposite. Its also one of those dark, poorly illuminated cafes. Its not the place for an intimate conversation, but it is lively, youthful and serves good Asian region food at decent prices. No wonder the NYU faculty and students love it.