“Glace brings local history to life in an enthralling, entertaining and occasionally even heartbreaking manner.”

Glace Chase's Dream Queen Tours
Ranked #43 of 673 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A comedy show, a pub crawl, a walking tour - all rolled into one! Trek the wild (!) streets and celebrate NYC’s big, bold personalities with “Total Bottom” Drag Queen Glace Chase. Laugh and cry (and laugh!) in this rave reviewed, totally unique NYC “walking expedition”. FOLLOW THE SHOE!
Reviewed April 7, 2016

It’s like a mash up of “This American Life” with “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” staged as a meandering, somewhat drunken walking tour. Smearing the line between tragedy and farce while he brandishes a sparkling red shoe high in the air, Glace brings local history to life in an enthralling, entertaining and occasionally even heartbreaking manner. We laughed, we sang, we learned a lot and we made new friends … in short, we loved it!!

All reviews
"poignant"
"information"
"parts"

Reviewed April 5, 2016

Having seen Glace Chase perform in cities across the world I knew we were in for something special when we signed up for the Dream Queen tour of Greenwich Village. The Easter Sunday magic that was conjured that afternoon though was something else entirely. What began at Julius's Bar and ended at the historic Stonewall Hotel was nothing short of an epic adventure spent romping around a neighbourhood steeped in rich stories of times gone by and important touchstones of the LGBT struggle - all given new life by Glace's sparkle and more than a little salacious rumour. Do yourself a favour and experience this one-of-a-kind New York experience. Highly recommended!

Reviewed April 5, 2016

This tour is about the best thing, of any kind, I have ever done during my many visits to NYC. It is true, as every reviewer indicates, that you will from time to time be doubled over laughing. But the tour is also surprisingly rich in history, some of which will have you close to tears. Glace provides a unique perspective, beautifully presented, on an important New York place and an important New York story. You will never find anything else like this tour, and you will love it. Better just do it. You need it.

Reviewed April 4, 2016

I learned, I laughed, I drank liquour, I met cool people - including a famous artist - all in the beautiful West Village. Did I mention I laughed - out loud! A fantastic afternoon! Thank you for providing an open door into the West Village's LGBT past and present. An important tour! A+ Glacé Chase!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 1, 2016

What a fantastic day. My fiance surprised me on my birthday with a tour of the West Village with Glace Chase! We came all the way from Brooklyn for this fun-filled afternoon. We laughed, we teared up, we learned, we laughed some more. I highly, highly recommend taking this tour. Out-of-towner hoping to learn about a great part of NYC? Take this tour. Old school New Yorker hoping to kill a Sunday afternoon? Take this tour. In need of a healthy does of irreverence in your life? TAKE THIS TOUR. And when you do, please send Glace my love!