“Great food, value, people, atmosphere”
Review of Uva

Uva
Reserve with OpenTable
Uva is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #893 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: 2nd Ave between 77th and 78th
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Can't say enough about how wonderful Uva is. It was my first visit - but won't be my last! The service was tremendous from the get-go - The bartender, Phil, the hostess, our waitress, the entire wait staff - all so attentive and helpful. The food was delectable. My favorite dishes were the duck, scallops, and tuna tartare - and you can never go wrong with any of their homemade pastas!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is a very solid and professional restaurant with excellent people and a fair wine list with all price levels. The food is very balanced and delicious. We started with the vegetarian antipasti and moved on to the special large rigatoni dish and then to a special red snapper with bay scallops. Nutella/vanilla sponge cake for dessert completed the experience. This is now my go to Italian restaurant. Give it a try.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

When I ate here we were seated in the enclosed patio area, which would have been fine if the exhaust fan from the kitchen was not blowing into the patio. I left reeking of kitchen/oil/grease and had to have my sweater and coat dry cleaned to get the smell out. Not exactly a pleasant experience.

Food was not memorable, drinks were decent, service was barely there.

If you're on that block there are some other Italian options that are much better!

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

We visited UVA with another couple. The ambiance is great (a little loud, but in a fun way!), the service is ok and the food was great with the exception of the desserts. We had 2 desserts at our table and the Nutella sponge cake which was very dry and the bread pudding that was just forgettable. Pasta, cheeses, meats and wines were awesome and for the prices I would recommend this place to anyone!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

If you are enjoying to be in a "hype", to be seen place, this is where you need to go... small nice deco as a bistro but OMG it is crowded and there is no way to have a discussion there!
we were a party of 6, shouting to be heard... I was "in the way" and got kicked by waiters everytime they passed by!
i put in brackets as the place is so small that you WILL be in the way.
Food is good, not pretentious yet well worked out. Not the best real italian by far but at least a real one (and good)..
no way you d go there as a couple for a romantic diner! :(