“Awesome Bagels”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Consistently rated the best Bagel in New York and possibly the US. Run by the same family of bakers for 40 years.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Awesome Bagels”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

One of the best bagels I have ever had. This New York bagel place is amazing. The line of people is usually to the door but it moves pretty quick. We continue to go back to this place every time we are NYC. If you are looking to seat inside this place to eat your bagel be ready to be on the lookout for anyone leaving so you an jump to get that table since they have very few tables for the amount of people. All the bagels we have tried have been great, from the plain with cream cheese to the everything with egg and cheese. Great place!

• Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Kauai, Hawaii
“Now That's A Bagel”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Always loved bagels, looked forward to going to NYC and sampling good NYC deli's. My sister told me 'bout this place. What a gem!!! After having morning coffee & bagels with wife.....we bought 40 to bring home. What else can I say??? MMmmmmm

Visited April 2013
Newcastle
“Great bagels”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We called in for bagels mid afternoon after the lunchtime rush. We had the smoked salmon bagel with far too much cream cheese which we carefully removed.Was great to sit and watch the range of customers coming in to stock up on bagels and flavoured creamcheeses.We were glad we made the effort to find it.

New York City, New York
“Don't Go Please!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I when to this bagel restaurant with the sole purpose of writing a review, this is what I found.

Let’s start with location; getting there was a pain this place is too retreat from the middle of the city, no subway or anything (taxi or long walk), so getting there is the first thing you are not going to enjoy. Plus the neighborhood is not bad. The staff was even worse, I never being before I didn’t knew what to order so I asked for recommendations and the man at the counter respond was “what do you want?” This person was loud and rude. Customer services was terrible. The place was clean, but the atmosphere was really not nice. The illumination is bad, the layout is ugly, not nice at all. I thought that a good meal will make up for such a back experience, I was wrong. The Food; after giving up with the guy at the counter I ordered at random, which to be honest all the topics are the same, cream cheese with another ingredient mixed in. I ordered a plain bagel and there I go. The cream cheese was cold and the bagel was hard. You should know what happen when eating a sandwich with hard bread = a messy meal, a no no! The tease was not good at all so there is nothing else to up. So to rephrase. drawback location, unfriendly stuff, uncomfortable atmosphere (always empty), poor selection of topics, bad food.

1 Thank Michabox
San Luis Obispo, California
“Bagel nirvanna”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

These big bagels are really wonderful. They're crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. They do go a bit overboard on the cream cheese so you might want to ask them to go lightly or just ask for it on the side. If you're eating in, be prepared to fight for a table and don't expect much ambiance. But for an excellent bagel, look no further.