“Great lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Nolita
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The thin, crispy pizzas were excellent and the choices plentiful. The surroundings were relaxed and casual, just what we needed to re-charge after walking all morning. The place does get busy, though.

1  Thank michellec2010

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I didn't realize I was so particular about my pizza. We ordered the Snow White and they piped the ricotta cheese on top of the pie. I first I was a little freaked out and then I wondered where the garlic was every time I had a question it was answered with an even better taste. Yes there was garlic and I was ricotta the crust was decent. We also had bruschetta duo which is tasty. It was a nice sitdown place I think I was in the mood for a dirty hole in the wall. All things considered it was great.

1  Thank Paganlover
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Pizzas sounded awesome on paper... execution was mediocre. Service is horrendous, I had to wait 45 minutes to get my pie after waiting for 15 to get the waiter's attention - and I went there on a Monday afternoon. I had the Mela, which is a Gorgonzola mozzarella asparagus apple pizza. The Gorgonzola was nowhere to be tasted which eventually sank the pizza. Dommage.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Arrived early on a weekend for lunch. Although I was advised that getting a gluten-free pizza would take around 20-25 minutes, it took about 40 minutes after ordering before my pizza was done. Delay aside, this was the first gluten-free pizza I've had in a restaurant that was delicious! I got the Margherita DOC while my friends split a giant Snow White that was too much for the 3 of them. Although I plan to try other gluten-free pizza places in the future, I definitely recommend L'asso and wouldn't object to returning!

Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

My daughter and I are on a long weekend in NYC and we stopped here for lunch. We shared a medium pizza. We combined our two choices. It was excellent! They had just reopened a couple days earlier after hurricane Sandy so some items on the menu weren't available. I would go there again.