“Don't be fooled by its size”
Review of Pukk - CLOSED

Pukk
Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: East Village
Neighborhood: East Village
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Pukk is a tiny strip of a restaurant dedicated to Thai vegetarian cuisine. What delights emerge from that kitchen! My appetizer and entree were lovely and were served by equally lovely staff. It is a casual and small place so it won't do for every occasion but I highly recommend it if it suits your occasion. Prices are right too.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This food is cheap but it is well presented, flavoured and balance. I tend to shy away from fried spring rolls at these type of establishments but I ordered their spring rolls with mango sauce on two separate trips. Do not miss out on their curries. The duck salad is lovely and also the water cress duck. Service is great and drinks are unique and well priced.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

My best friend brought me here a few weeks ago and I couldn't get the delicious meal out of my mind! This is an all vegetarian restaurant that serves Thai food which is just fine with me.

The chicken and duck - which are "mock" versions of course are amazing! So delicious I could eat here just about every day. The noodle dishes as well as the curries are fantastic. I'm making my way through the menu and I haven't been disappointed yet. The prices are super reasonable as well. They have a lunch special that includes a nice light soup for less than $7.

I've only taken one star off because it can be a little loud and cramped in here and it seems that they might be a tad nicer (like you get a fourtop even if its just two people) if you're dining with men as opposed to if its all gals. Its a cozy dining room that's long and narrow with a cool, modern vibe.

One last thing, its a little dark in here at night - fun for us, might be hard for your folks to see the menu just so you know, but the food is worth the visit.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

One of my favorite purely vegetarian petite places in the LES/East Village. Affordable prices with a modern and fun atmosphere, I enjoyed the entry three seater the most.

The food aims to be Asian fusion with meat substitute, so don't let the names of duck and chicken on the menu confuse you--everything served is entirely vegetarian and/or soy based meat.

Overall: A

Reviewed November 5, 2010

I live in the area and Pukk is a restaurant I return to often. The food is fantastic and fresh and inexpensively priced. I almost always get the same items: appetizer of chicken nuggets ($4) which is meatless but could fool pretty much anyone, and comes with a nice spicy-sweet red dipping sauce; the cold papaya salad ($4) which is fresh and crunchy with green beans and cherry tomatoes in a crisp and tangy vinegar dressing; entree called "Green Delight" ($7) which is all crisp green veggies (chinese broccoli, cabbage, broccoli, etc) stir fried in a tasty sauce. They also have a small bar which makes wonderful specialty drinks, one in particular that I like is made with ginger and lemongrass, I think it is rum-based.

The downside of this place is that it's small and narrow and the tables are really close together, so you'll rub elbows with your neighbors. All the regulars that eat here are pretty friendly though. If you get there early in the evening, it's less packed and you'll have more room. My favorite table is actually right in the doorway on a small platform, you can watch the world go by as you eat. :)