“Wonderful for my birthday”
Review of Maze - CLOSED

Maze
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: btw 6th and 7th Avenues
Transit: 7th Avenue stop on B, D, E train, and the 57th Street/7th Avenue stop on N, Q, R & W trains.
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were a little star struck at going to a Gordon Ramsey restaurant and looked this up prior to arriving in NYC. It was my 50th birthday so my husband made a reservation several days before the day but after we had arrived. He arranged for the three course meal which actually turns into more because you only choose three parts of your meal - appetizer, main fare, and dessert, but there are many other parts along the way. We had 7 different people waiting on us at all times. The portions were perfect. The flavours were incredible. The atmosphere lovely. Everyone was so helpful and kind. They even acknowledged my birthday with a sorbet with a candle. The whole evening was special and lovely. Thanks to my husband.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We had dinner after the ballet, so the very large and rather sterile room was fairly vacant. The food is excellent - just what you would expect from a Gordon Ramsey bistro; service was fine, not fantastic; and the physical setting is contemporary, a very large room that lacks personality. At the London NYC (a fabulous hotel), the Maze is usually buzzing earlier in the evening, quite crowded and energetic, which would give it more warmth.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

we went here for breakfast and got all dressed up. it didn't seem to be required to do so but we enjoyed it just the same.

Food was good (my husband raved about the hashbrown side dish) but smaller portions for what we paid.

overall a fun stop for a good meal

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went here alone and had a two course dinner. When I arrived at the restaurant I was about an hour to early so I visited the bar and had a drink - the staff behind the bar are both nice to chat with and make excellent drinks.

After being seated I ordered a glass of champagne followed by scallops and dry-aged sirloin steak.

Everything was, in my humble opinion, served to perfection. I ordered a glass of red wine to the sirloin.

+ Everything
- Being slightly intoxicated I became an extremely nice tipper (my own fault!)

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Went to Maze for our anniversary dinner and it was amazing - we had cauliflower soup and scallops to start - both were ridiculously great. Then we had duck and risotto - again spot on. Finished off with the veal chop that was paired with gnocchi. Everything had its own twist to it and wasn't the standard "good but fogettable" that other restaurants offer.

In between courses we were brought 2 complimentary dishes also - white asparagus with a pistachio puree and an artichoke in a cool yogurt based sauce. You would never think the ingredients would work but the flavors were amazing across the board.

Atmosphere is great - elegant but trendy. Jose our waiter was very friendly and engaging.

I recommend going here and not the London as they are only separated by one door and how different can the food be? Save about $200 and goto Maze, you will not be disappointed! Our total meal with two glasses if wine was $150 before tip.