“Good Thai in New York ”
Review of Thai Select

Thai Select
Reserve with OpenTable
Thai Select is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #801 of 13,937 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 36th - 37th Streets
Transit: 34th St-8th Ave (A, C, E) 8th Ave-42nd St (A, C, E, 1, 2, 3, S, 7, N, Q, R, W)
Description: Thai Select seeks to thrill the New York epicure with Thai that's global, fresh and fun. Located in the midtown-west area of Manhattan, Thai Select offers healthy, modern Thai cuisine with worldly flare. Although the signature taste remains authentic Thai in flavor, the presentation might be a bit French in aesthetics, a bit Italian in portion and a bit Japanese in simplicity. With dishes like Kee Mao Fettuccini (made with whole wheat pasta) and Fruit Fried Rice (stir-fried with seasonal fruits), Thai Crabcake (encrusted to perfection) and Coconut Puff Martini (jumbo shrimp hand-battered in coconut strips), the kitchen selects only the very best dishes in Thai cuisine and only the freshest of ingredients picked from the farmer's market for our patrons; hence the name, Thai Select.
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Good Thai food in NYC at ok prices. Happy hour from 4-8pm, cocktails were great! Very popular with the locals, which is a good a sign.Service was good.

There are newer reviews for Thai Select

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I came to this restaurant three times during my trip- once on my own, again with a friend, and then by myself again when I was hungry and wanted something tasty close to my hotel.

I had the calamari as an appetizer- it was delicious, lightly breaded and deep fried just right, not too much, not too little. It came with a lovely sweet and spicy chili sauce.

For my main course, I had the chicken and shrimp Pad Thai, and I can say without reservation that it was some of the best I have ever had. The presentation was lovely, with a garnish of thin strands of carrot on top. And the portion was generous, leaving me well and truly satisfied afterwards.

I brought a friend on my second visit, and she ordered the chicken skewers with peanut sauce, and beef Pad Thai, and she was also very happy with her meal.

On my third visit, the food was just as good as the first time, and it well and truly satisfied my Pad Thai craving. Next time, I'll ask for it spicy:)

Reviewed November 10, 2013

More like a hole in the wall cafe than a restaurant, the service, ambiance and food match what I'd expect from a mom and pop cafe. I'm from Mesa, AZ and there is better Thai food there - that's not saying much. Find something better and more memorable.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The meal was fantastic portions were absolutely huge we were lucky enough to hit the restaurant during happy hour which entitles you to cocktails at half price which was a nice bonus The drinks were fantastic the meal was excellent and the waitstaff was very very polite and very prompt thank you we will be back

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Came for a solo dinner while on an overnight to NYC. Service was good. Atmosphere was a little weird but fine (I sat at a table that faced the kitchen doors and could see the feet and dirty floor/bucket in the kitchen). Had tom yum soup - definitely not traditional but I think the place is trying to be progressive with food - which it is not. Tasted too much like red peppers they put in it - ?? never had red peppers in tom yum, even as many times as I ate it in Thailand. The meat was good in my pad kraw pao - but it had a ton of onions as filler and carrots - another???? Why?
It was not bad but I wouldn't go back.