“Nice Thai Spot, Conveniently Located”
Review of Thai Select

Thai Select
Ranked #609 of 14,520 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 36th - 37th Streets
Transit: 34th St-8th Ave (A, C, E) 8th Ave-42nd St (A, C, E, 1, 2, 3, S, 7, N, Q, R, W)
Description: Thai Select seeks to thrill the New York epicure with Thai that's global, fresh and fun. Located in the midtown-west area of Manhattan, Thai Select offers healthy, modern Thai cuisine with worldly flare. Although the signature taste remains authentic Thai in flavor, the presentation might be a bit French in aesthetics, a bit Italian in portion and a bit Japanese in simplicity. With dishes like Kee Mao Fettuccini (made with whole wheat pasta) and Fruit Fried Rice (stir-fried with seasonal fruits), Thai Crabcake (encrusted to perfection) and Coconut Puff Martini (jumbo shrimp hand-battered in coconut strips), the kitchen selects only the very best dishes in Thai cuisine and only the freshest of ingredients picked from the farmer's market for our patrons; hence the name, Thai Select.
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was looking for a Thai restaurant near Penn Plaza, and pulled this one out of a hat using open table. I was coming in from Jersey and wanted something easy to get to from the Lincoln Tunnel. Tough out the traffic, and head to the parking lot a block south on the west side of 9th avenue. You'll pay about $20 to park there during lunch.

The place looks "ultra casual" from the street, with a kind of modern decor inside. The place was deserted when I arrived early at noon, but by the time my companions showed up at 12:30 the place was packed.

Food was delicious (try satay appetizer)...Duck specials were delicious...service is VERY slow....prices reasonable ($150 for 7 with no alcohol). Try it out!

PS $3/Singha Beer at Happy Hour

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Just got home from dinner at Thai Select and had to share for any fellow travellers in the Theatre District right now...Thai Select is well worth a visit. We were recommended a different thai place but the reviews on Trip Advisor weren't ground breaking so we checked out this place instead. Quite unobtrusive from the outside but inside it is pretty modern, very clean and comfortable. I started with the Rock Shrimp Tempura as the vanilla chilli sauce sounded too exciting to pass up and it did not fail. Really tasty and decent (not tiny, not huge) sized portion which perfectly complimented my mums calamari fritters (we both tried each others as they were equally good!). Main course was pad thai for mum as she doesn't like spicy, and pad kee Mao for me which is very spicy flat noodles with chicken and shrimp. Decent portions again and very very very tasty! Not overly greasy which is the potential danger with any SE Asian food. Too full for a whole new course so we finished with a green tea icecream to share. the whole meal came to $69 before tip including two cocktails. Staff were attentive without being overbearing and the place was full without feeling too packed and rushed.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Found this Thai restaurant using the Tripadvisor "Near me now" feature while visiting NYC.

The price was very reasonable and the food was delicious. We had the Calamari for an appetizer, my son had the crabmeat fried rice and I had the Crispy Duck.

Casual place, nice staff and happy hour drinks before 7:30pm.

A nice find!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stopped here because it was the highest TA rated Thai restaurant near my hotel, and I was not disappointed. I ordered Tom Yum Soup and Pad Kee Mao, and while I needed to kick them up a notch with some added spice (which is probably a good thing so you can taylor the spiciness to your own taste), they were both very delicious.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Really good, affordable and unpretentious dining experience in New York.
Friendly and responsive staff too.
Liked it that much that we went there twice in our 4 night stay.