“After Theater Dinning”
Review of Scarlatto

Scarlatto
Reserve with OpenTable
Scarlatto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #456 of 13,937 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Broadway & 8th Ave
Description: Great Roman classic dishes with accents of Tuscan fare.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We went here after seeing a broadway play across the street. Scarlatto is a cute, clean restaurant. The place was not crowded, however we were seated right on top of other patrons, the tables are too close. We had caesar salad and chicken parmesan. The food was tasty and the portions were quite generous. I am not a fan of paper tablecloths, I find they are very difficult to eat on and it takes away from the ambiance of a restaurant. The prices are reasonable for a theater row restaurant. The hostess at the front could use some lessons on customer service and being more friendly.

There are newer reviews for Scarlatto

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We came after the Theatre, got a table with very little wait, and had the Shrimp Arugula ($12) and the eggplant parmigiana ($15)

Good food, well presented at very reasonable pricing.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We went to Scarlatto for a quick pre-theatre lunch. They had a $14.95 special that came with a salad or soup, which was fine. However, when my crab cake came for my entree it was so small that I would have needed a magnifying glass to make it look like a lunch portion. It was very thin and at most 2 inches in diameter. Luckily there was bread on the table because the crab cake was more like a mini-appetizer. My friend's salmon was a little bigger but not much. If they couldn't provide a reasonable lunch at the price, then they should raise their lunch price or change their selections.

2  Thank CyprusMama
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I have been traveling to NYC for the past 5 years and always enjoy a meal at Scarlatto, with it'd friendly atmosphere and delicious Italian food you will not be disappointed. My favourite would indeed be the bistecca with the Barolo, very yummy. Whether you fine as with friends or as a single at the bar as I have you'll receive the same quality of service and conversation.

It's also conveniently located close to the theatre district and time square. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stopped in on a whim after a show next door. I sat at the bar and tried Bartender Scott's special, called Night Capo -- like a Manhattan, with an Italian twist. FABULOUS. I asked Scott to steer me again, to a good red for dinner. And did he ever -- an Italian Shiraz -- who knew? WOW! Two for two, so I asked him for a pasta recommendation: Garganelli with chunks of veal. ABSOLUTELY STELLAR. And finally, the most important item for an out-of-towner: how do I get back to Jersey City from here? PRECISE DIRECTIONS! Yep, four for four.