“Very nice italian food!”
Review of Il Bastardo

Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: Between 21st & 22nd
Transit: E train
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The place is well located, outside of the tourism area, is for locals, which I enjoyed a lot.
Close to a shopping area, perfect for the end of day.
God wines and very well done pasta. When there are mussels, they are the best!!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We brought a group of 10 to Il Bastardo last Saturday for the 12 o'clock seating. We got there about 10 minutes early and were led to our table. At noon the DJ started and the volume was rediculously loud. You could barely hear the person sitting direcly across from you, The waiter came and dropped off menu's and had Mamosa's and Bloody Mary's. The drinks were just terrible. There was absolutely no alcohol in the Bloody Mary's and the Mamosa's were so watered down it was rediculous. We asked for coffee and were told it was not included and we would have to pay extra for a cup, No coffee at brunch? I ordered the Ham Omelette. I asked the waiter if it came with cheese. He said yes if I wanted to pay for cheese, but I could only get Mozzerella Cheese. I said ok. When it arrived there were two squares of hard uncooked cheese and not one piece of ham to be found. Most other people in the party had some sort of egg dish which was also less then stellar. Bad food and bad drinks for $39 per person. The thing that amazed me was the place was totally packed with a very young hip crowd. Obviously it is an "in" place to be and popular with a young crowd who doesn't mind all you can drink, watered down drinks and bad overpriced food. I wouldn't come back for brunch if it was free.

2  Thank horning1
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Some friends and I were meeting up in mid-December for lunch at Il Bastardo. It was the first time we had all seen each other in a while, so needless to say we were there for quite a while (4 hours!). We never felt rushed, the server never hovered and he kept saying they were open all night.

Thank you for providing the perfect location for a get-together over food and wine!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stopped in here during a NYC holiday visit for lunch. First, their red & white sangria are DELICIOUS! A pitcher is $45, but you get quite a few drinks out of it (same as if you'd order a couple of glasses). Their chicken piccata was delicious. Calamari? Delicious! Rigatoni with eggplant was sort of delicious, but not their best. We had a party of 8 and everyone ordered something different. Delicious!!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I visited here on a weekend evening. It was dark and very romantic. The food was good and the staff was pleasant.